Suggestion: Better Routing - Ports and VPN's

2024-01-13 03:10:24
Tags: #Suggestion
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4

I recently ran into an issue where I had to run two VPN interfaces on the same router, only to discover the following issues:

1) There is evidently no way to configure a split tunnel. 100% of traffic is first-come, first-serve.

2) I can only route to the WAN. There's no way to forward all traffic from, say, port 22 to one specific interface, and 443 to another.

I suggest expanding routing to be more versatile, similar to the options under Access Control.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Suggestion: Better Routing - Ports and VPN's
2024-01-15 02:42:30

Hi @ElleLeonne 

Split tunnel? It supports but what do you mean? Details and verification, please.

To your second request, are you looking for some equivalent stuff like iptables?

There is policy routing which can do protocol-based and WAN interface-based routing.

PBR might not support all VPN types but L2TP is supported.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 66

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags

Suggestion