EAP Mesh networking

EAP Mesh networking

22 Reply
Re:EAP Mesh networking
2024-01-24 14:34:27

@nzben 

It looks like you will need a new AP to manage it with a 'modern' controller.  Odd that TPlink would let some of their most popular hardware fall off the 'supported bus'.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:EAP Mesh networking
2024-01-30 07:10:02

@d0ugmac1 

So I but the bullet and got a EAP245 V4 today.

I have managed to download the beta version of the mbentley/omadacontroller and get it running in Docker, when I then logon with a webbrowser and setup a site, the "about" shows I am running ver 5.13.30.4 - which seems to be a relatively new verion.

Both my compatible controllers are adopted (225 Outdoor and 245). Created a SSID, everything seems to be working. In the long run I may bite the bullet and get an OC200 controller as it seems that if the docker host computer has to reboot, or for whatever reason looses omada controller, then the restart is a bit of a process to go through, but for now it seems to be working.

I have managed to get fast roaming going, and have tested with constant (varied strength_ signal across the network throughout the house and section. This is with the 245 setup temporarily in the basement, so once i get that mounted in the ceiling it should be even better.

Thanks for your help with getting this going, its been a journey of discovery!!

Options
Related Articles