Votes

ER605 - OpenVPN split

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Omada routers, adding OpenVPN servers by its hostname is impossible, only accept IPs.. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

ER605 - OpenVPN split

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Omada routers, adding OpenVPN servers by its hostname is impossible, only accept IPs.. Please vote on the main thread.
ER605 - OpenVPN split
ER605 - OpenVPN split
2024-01-16 00:43:13 - last edited Tuesday

Hi,

I have recently set up an OpenVPN Client using my NORD account details. All is working well, problem is I only want it to apply/effect traffic from a specific VLAN. 

I have created three VLANS (as below):

ID Name Vlan IP Address Subnet Mask DHCP Server DHCP Relay Operation
  1 VPN 40 192.168.40.1 255.255.255.0 Enabled Disabled  
  2 WORK 20 192.168.20.1 255.255.255.0 Enabled Disabled  
  3 LAN 50 192.168.50.1 255.255.255.0 Enabled Disabled

I would like VLAN 40 / "VPN" to be subjected to the VPN (everything inbound/outbound is protected) and the remaining two ("WORK" (20) & "LAN" (50) to be unprotected.

Currently the VPN is being applied to all connections regardless of which VLAN they reside.  

For additional info:

Port 1 is WAN

Port 2 is WORK Switch

Port 4 - VPN AP (Wireless AP Dedicated to providing VPN access in premises) - essentially if private use needed they switch to this AP and all traffic protected

Port - 5 LAN (Everything else with normal use case)

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 - OpenVPN split
2024-01-16 03:42:33 - last edited Tuesday

Hi @Todge 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Are you referring to the Policy Routing? Unfortunately, it does not support OVPN yet.

Upvote here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/643876

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-16 08:55:58 - last edited Tuesday

Hi @Clive_A ,

Potentially, the link above doesnt seem to be what I am after! My VPN on OpenVPN is all set up and working fine, it just puts all traffic from the router through the VPN, I dont want this.

I would like to have one VLAN utilising the VPN Client I have set up but the rest of the traffic should not be using the VPN, is that Policy Routing?

Options
2024-01-16 09:18:47 - last edited Tuesday

Hi @Todge 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Todge wrote

Hi @Clive_A ,

Potentially, the link above doesnt seem to be what I am after! My VPN on OpenVPN is all set up and working fine, it just puts all traffic from the router through the VPN, I dont want this.

I would like to have one VLAN utilising the VPN Client I have set up but the rest of the traffic should not be using the VPN, is that Policy Routing?

OK seems to me did not read it carefully. So, your device working as the client, right?

But if you want to specify what traffic goes through the VPN, then, it should be a setting on the server which either be a full tunnel or a split tunnel.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 284

Replies: 3