EAP225-Wall V2.8: The Omada Status Disconnected and Wrong IP Address for the Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP225-Wall V2.8: The Omada Status Disconnected and Wrong IP Address for the Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-18 23:45:37
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 5.0.3

Finished making changes to my network to use VLANs, and I can not get the IP address to update on the Omada, keeps showing the old IP, not matter how many times I unplug the NIC, and the Omada status is disconnected, my firewall pfSense shows the correct IP for the EAP and a Laptop connected to the EAP via WiFi, but no internet connection, all other VLANs work as expected.  How do I correct the EAP and/or Omada without resetting?

Options
6 Reply
Re:EAP225-Wall V2.8: The Omada Status Disconnected and Wrong IP Address for the Device
2024-01-19 06:38:12

@nasheayahu 

how on earth is anyone going to be able to help you with this information. you have a pfsence and eap and an omada controller, ok. you have created vlan on the omda controller you say. vlan must be created on your router, not the omada controller. then you have to create vlan on whatevers switches you have. 

Options
Re:EAP225-Wall V2.8: The Omada Status Disconnected and Wrong IP Address for the Device
2024-01-19 07:09:28

@MR.S "you have created vlan on the omda controller you say." No! Let me clarify, VLANs are created by pfSense, and I use the NETGEAR 8-Port Smart Managed Plus Switch for trunking.  I don't use Omada for nothing except controlling wireless connections.

Options
2024-01-19 07:54:40 - last edited 2024-01-19 08:15:54

@nasheayahu 

but then I don't understand why you are on the TP-Link forum when you don't have TP-Link products. dhcp vlan which is controlled by pfsence and netgear is in my opinion the main problem with your setup.

and the omada controller runs on linux and does not get an updated ip.
IP on linux has nothing to do with the Omada controller settings.

You set the IP on linux in the linux setup if it does not get an ip from dhcp,
dhcp is controlled by your router.

ipconfig on linux you can usually find in a folder in this area on the linux server /etc/netplan
edit ip here if necessary.

It would be easier if you could show a screenshot of your problem. but to me it sounds like you are in the wrong forum.

Options
2024-01-19 12:35:35

@MR.S Move me to the correct forum, you have me confused......

Options
2024-01-19 12:54:16

@nasheayahu 

I cant move you to another forum :-)

but from what you write it sounds like you need help with pfsence or netgear. and omada controller is on a linux platform with wrong ip. have you checked the ip on your linux server? Does it have a fixed ip or does it get an ip from dhcp?

i gave you a hint where to look on linux server to see if you have fixed or dynamic ip on it, have you checked that?

there is no place to change the ip on the omada controller, it must be done on the server

Options
2024-02-10 18:02:31

@nasheayahu As the other poster noted, more information about your setup would be helpful.  For example, what's the VLAN config of the ports where the controller, EAP and pfsense are connected?  Can you connect to the EAP in standalone mode and is the controller and EAP in the same network?

I have a similar config and it can work.  The controller and the eap should be in the same VLAN (network).  I set the controllers VLAN at the switch port's PVID.  For the EAP, the management VLAN needs to be set to match the controller and the Layer-3 Accessibility option enabled.  It's been a while, but as I recall, I got the EAP working on the network in standalone mode first, adopted it and then updated the VLAN/Layer-3 settings because it's reset to the defaults during adoption.

This article may also help: How to configure Management VLAN

Options