Device with static IP not in conected clients list

2024-01-21 00:37:23 - last edited 2024-01-26 01:20:25
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi

I have a full tp-link network running and I have 2 Siemes Logo controllers connected directly to the switch. I can reach the devices on the network and the switch shows the ports being used, however, I don't see those two devices on the clients list on the omada control panel.

The Siemens Logo devIces enforce an own static IP, and I assigned them a static IP in te omada software too.

What am I missing here that i don't see those devices?

Their static IP is setup correctly (on the logo and in omada)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Device with static IP not in conected clients list-Solution
2024-01-24 10:02:47 - last edited 2024-01-26 01:20:25

Hi   @Clive_A 

So the controller I'm using is the OC200 v1.0 version 5.12.9 for the software.

I removed the dhcp reservations for the clients and I started seeing a single device (LOGO 1). I then turned it back on (the dhcp reservation, since that should not make a difference) and I keep seeing the client. HOWEVER, this one keeps disconnecting for some reason..

I can test the ip addresses by pinging them from the switch and both work just fine.

---

as I was typing this, I pinged both of the devices and they showed up in the clients list. However now I can see that the devices keep disconnecting each every now and then, might this be due to 'inactive' clients? if so is there a setting I can change for this?

Looking at the logs I can see this:

And this hapens on an irregular interval. The cables are not an issue (tested those)

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Device with static IP not in conected clients list
2024-01-22 09:31:48 - last edited 2024-01-22 09:32:54

Hi @Sir-robin10 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Paste a DHCP reservation screenshot. Check if the rule is effective.

What's the network topology like? Is there anything non-Omada networking device in the network map?

Where are the two mentioned devices connected?

Have you looked up the MAC address in the client list?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-23 18:10:28

@Clive_A Thanks for getting back to me!

As you can see, I have a couple of those records. The cloud controller does indeed have that static LAN IP.

Here is the clients list:

As you can see, it only shows two devices. However, I do have 4 devices connected (excluding the EAPs).

The two devices are connected via SSFTP cable directly onto the switch. I can ping to them too (static IP). The devices themself enforce their static IP (can't change this).

This is the current topology:

The problem is that I don't see those devices in the clients list, yet the switch shows those two devices. Even when I would remove the DHCP rule, the devices do not show up.

So I don't know how this clients things works, but if it relies on some port and a reply I'd think that that LOGO device (siemens logo) rejects anything or such?

Options
2024-01-24 07:47:26

Hi @Sir-robin10 

Sir-robin10 wrote

@Clive_A Thanks for getting back to me!

As you can see, I have a couple of those records. The cloud controller does indeed have that static LAN IP.

Here is the clients list:

As you can see, it only shows two devices. However, I do have 4 devices connected (excluding the EAPs).

The two devices are connected via SSFTP cable directly onto the switch. I can ping to them too (static IP). The devices themself enforce their static IP (can't change this).

This is the current topology:

The problem is that I don't see those devices in the clients list, yet the switch shows those two devices. Even when I would remove the DHCP rule, the devices do not show up.

So I don't know how this clients things works, but if it relies on some port and a reply I'd think that that LOGO device (siemens logo) rejects anything or such?

Can you make sure they are connected to to the WIFI? Do they work by the network commands you sent?

Did it show up in the Client before?

What kind of Controller do you use? Software in local? What's the version of it?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Device with static IP not in conected clients list-Solution
2024-01-24 10:02:47 - last edited 2024-01-26 01:20:25

Hi   @Clive_A 

I removed the dhcp reservations for the clients and I started seeing a single device (LOGO 1). I then turned it back on (the dhcp reservation, since that should not make a difference) and I keep seeing the client. HOWEVER, this one keeps disconnecting for some reason..

I can test the ip addresses by pinging them from the switch and both work just fine.

---

as I was typing this, I pinged both of the devices and they showed up in the clients list. However now I can see that the devices keep disconnecting each every now and then, might this be due to 'inactive' clients? if so is there a setting I can change for this?

And this hapens on an irregular interval. The cables are not an issue (tested those)

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-25 03:21:03

Hi @Sir-robin10 

Sir-robin10 wrote

Hi   @Clive_A 

---

So, they might enter the idle or low power mode. But will get back online if it is been activated. It depends on you if you turn them on or wake them. Do you consider this as a cause?

And the controller does not sync the status of a device instantly. Usually, my experience with the software controller on Windows, it would take a few seconds or fresh the page to show up the connected clients.

About the log, it will show all devices disconnected after some time. It is expected to be normal. Moreover, the DHCP renewal would also reconnect. This log does not provide concrete evidence for us to troubleshoot.

So my question now is that, if they are active, not sleep or entering low power mode, will they show up in the client list after you refresh the page in a few seconds or a minute?

Options
2024-01-26 01:01:45

@Clive_A hello

They do not enter a sleep or low power mode, nor does any kind of action "trigger" any ethernet activity.

They do show up in the client list (now always) but they seem to be reconnecting every now and then, thus not showing a correct uptime value for example...

Options
2024-01-26 01:19:30

Hi @Sir-robin10 

Sir-robin10 wrote

@Clive_A hello

They do not enter a sleep or low power mode, nor does any kind of action "trigger" any ethernet activity.

They do show up in the client list (now always) but they seem to be reconnecting every now and then, thus not showing a correct uptime value for example...

Expected behavior. I have seen TV and other stuff doing this for a long time now. This is a new behavior of the controller which records this in the log. I don't recall this kind of log in the past. And I also explained the reason in the previous reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 263

Replies: 7

Related Articles