Wich switch to buy?
Wich switch to buy?
2024-01-24 13:49:47
Model: TL-SG1005P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all folks,

I currently have 3 switches and two accesspoints running

( 2 TP-Link TL-SG1005P PoE, 1 TP-Link TL-SG105E TL-WA1201 and EAP110 N300)
I actually bought the POE switches to run the two accesspoints, but it doesn't work.
The accesspoints don't even start when connected to the POE switches.
Which TP-Link switch is recommended to support these APs?
Currently I've placed the included POE Injectors, but that gets quite a bit messy with all the cabeling.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wich switch to buy?
2024-01-25 02:05:07

Hi @mgd10 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The model you have, if that's correct, EAP110 is not a IEEE 802.3 PoE compatible device. It does not support standard PoE which means you have to use the PoE injector that comes with the package. The injector from the package is a Passive PoE injector and EAP110 only supports this kind of PoE.

Moreover, the PoE switches we sell, unless some special models are all IEEE 802.3 PoE.

If you look at the specs, some models support both PoE.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 147

Replies: 1

Related Articles