Er605: failover too slow

2024-01-27 11:28:24 - last edited 2024-02-02 02:35:19
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4

Hi,

i bought a ER605 and i'm using it standalone as failover router.

I have this configuration: ISP modem/router wired to wan of er605, an USB stick 4g modem wired to usb port of er605 and a wireless access point wired to lan port of er605.

all it works well. the isp router subnet is 192.168.0.x, the usb stick subnet is 192.168.2.x, the er605 is configured at 192.168.3.1 and my access point works at 192.168.1.x.

all it works well but i have an issue with failover.

i configured wan as primary and usb stick as backup wan.

in online detection tab (load balance tab) i set, for wan, manual detecion and 8.8.8.8 on ping and 8.8.4.4 on dns lockup (is it correct?)

it works but is very very very slow.

For example, if i restart the ISP router (reboot), the er605 detect that primary wan went offline in about 2-3 minutes and switch to 4g...few second before  the isp router is online again...and after, if i wait other 2 minutes, the er605 switch again to primary wan (correct).

If i remove the lan cable from wan er605 port, the switch is more fast but too slow (about 40 seconds).

Is there a way to speed up the switch? I bought the er605 because i was thinking that it was able to failover switch in a few seconds.

thanks

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Er605: failover too slow-Solution
2024-01-29 01:15:35 - last edited 2024-02-02 02:35:19

Hi @Paolo-it 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Sorry that our product cannot do a switch in a few seconds. And we did not advertise it can do so. You might wanna take a look at a different brand and see if they can do this in a few seconds.

If you have any questions, please read the KB thread. If this product does not meet your expectations, please return it in time.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-29 07:25:46 - last edited 2024-02-02 02:35:24

@Clive_A 

It Is not nice that you tell me ti buy another brand instead to try to manage settings :-)

So, Yesterday i switched from stand alone config to managed config (by software controller installed as docker container on my Raspberry server). Now the failover Is faster. Not immediate but fast enough (about 15 seconds)

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2024-01-29 01:15:35 - last edited 2024-02-02 02:35:19

Hi @Paolo-it 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Sorry that our product cannot do a switch in a few seconds. And we did not advertise it can do so. You might wanna take a look at a different brand and see if they can do this in a few seconds.

If you have any questions, please read the KB thread. If this product does not meet your expectations, please return it in time.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-29 07:25:46 - last edited 2024-02-02 02:35:24

@Clive_A 

It Is not nice that you tell me ti buy another brand instead to try to manage settings :-)

So, Yesterday i switched from stand alone config to managed config (by software controller installed as docker container on my Raspberry server). Now the failover Is faster. Not immediate but fast enough (about 15 seconds)

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 223

Replies: 2

Related Articles