ER707-M2 Displaying incorrect version number

2024-01-28 01:08:02 - last edited 2024-01-29 00:54:25
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20240109 Rel.72478

I have several ER707-M2 devices and all of them have a printed label on them that states the version as 1.6

However, the web page incorrectly displays the version number as 1.0

This is extremely misleading and can result in somebody downloading the wrong firmware that doesn't match the real hardware version.

Am I supposed to update the firmware based on what the printed label states OR based on what the web page displays?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER707-M2 Displaying incorrect version number-Solution
2024-01-29 00:54:04 - last edited 2024-01-29 00:54:25

Hi @zookeeper 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you are downloading the firmware from the official website, you might see this explanation which might answer your question.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:ER707-M2 Displaying incorrect version number-Solution
2024-01-29 00:54:04 - last edited 2024-01-29 00:54:25

Hi @zookeeper 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you are downloading the firmware from the official website, you might see this explanation which might answer your question.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER707-M2 Displaying incorrect version number
2024-01-29 20:29:05 - last edited 2024-01-30 00:55:13

@Clive_A 

Unfortunately that doesn't help resolve the problem.  I still have the same problem.  Maybe the following is a clue about what's wrong.

When I visit the tp-link support download page for the ER707-M2 and set the hardware version to v1.16 for the device, it shows the firmware "ER707-M2(UN)_V1.6_1.2.1 Build 20240109" is available to download (Please NOTE that the web page says V1.16, which is what I want).

However, when I press the download button, the filename for the file is DIFFERENT. It states "ER707-M2(UN)_V1_1.2.1 Build 20240109.zip"  (Please notice that the file it tries to download is V1 and not V1.6).

I downloaded this file thinking it pertained to my router and expected it to be for v1.6 of the hardware.  Looks like something is wrong with the web page download link.

Options
2024-01-30 01:26:03

Hi @zookeeper 

Which means the firmware applies to. Guess why this line was bold and written on the upgrade manual?

Options
2024-02-01 02:01:15

@Clive_A 

Why does the physical sticker on the device state v1.6 of the hardware while the web page displays the hardware version as v1.0?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 4

Related Articles