Votes

Alarm notification on ViGi Mobile App

2024-01-28 03:48:28 - last edited 2024-01-29 06:02:36
Model: VIGI C540  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Requesting to add "alarm" notifications on the ViGi mobile App.

Currently, I just get a "beep" on the mobile phone when motion is detected on my cameras. The camera is located in my living room with very little traffic. if someone was to break-in, this camera will be able to detect but the notification is too soft, especially at night when I am sleeping.

Possible to build a feature where it will send an 5 secs or more "Alarm" trigger to the mobile app?

Options
9 Reply
Re:Alarm notification on ViGi Mobile App
2024-01-29 06:05:56 - last edited 2024-01-29 06:06:35

Hi @tank34 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

What you wrote seems to be impossible to implement.

1. We are not system-level notification and we cannot get some kind of root access to notify you in that way. I am saying that we will not do it which might seem to be a violation to privacy because this requires many more permissions on your cellphone.

2. If this is a feature feasible to the Android which seems to be possible if someone else does it(but not us, nor we are gonna cooperate with the owner), but this is not gonna be possible on the iOS ecosystem.

All we can do is notify you like any regular app on your cellphone.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-29 06:51:37

Hi   @Clive_A , 

I am also using an Aqara App for my camera, they have built and "Alarm" into the Aqara app, so that when the camera identifies an intruder, it will send an alarm to the Aqara app.

Is it possible to do the same to the ViGi Mobile App. My request is to add an "Alarm" feature to the ViGi mobile app, and not system leve to the iOS level.

Options
2024-01-29 07:22:26 - last edited 2024-01-29 07:24:10

Hi @tank34 

tank34 wrote

Hi   @Clive_A , 

I am also using an Aqara App for my camera, they have built and "Alarm" into the Aqara app, so that when the camera identifies an intruder, it will send an alarm to the Aqara app.

Is it possible to do the same to the ViGi Mobile App. My request is to add an "Alarm" feature to the ViGi mobile app, and not system leve to the iOS level.

The alarm would just be a pushed notification like any normal notification. If that's what you expect.

Do you have a screenshot of that kind of notification? At least let me know what you would like to see from the notification.

Note that VIGI is a business solution, it might not perform as well as the home products where it can do a very great facial or human recognition(where the database may get frequent updates and it might sync with the cloud). The system aims to provide surveillance instead of outstanding object identification and local-based scenarios where you don't have to integrate the Internet.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-29 14:50:09

Clive_A wrote

Hi @tank34 

tank34 wrote

Hi   @Clive_A , 

The alarm would just be a pushed notification like any normal notification. If that's what you expect.

Do you have a screenshot of that kind of notification? At least let me know what you would like to see from the notification.

Note that VIGI is a business solution, it might not perform as well as the home products where it can do a very great facial or human recognition(where the database may get frequent updates and it might sync with the cloud). The system aims to provide surveillance instead of outstanding object identification and local-based scenarios where you don't have to integrate the Internet.

Hi  @Clive_A , yes, I understand, I am very happy with the human recognition feature on TP-Link. I use the camera as a security tool, and would  like an "Alarm" feature in the ViGi app, so that it can alert me when human is detected. 

I am attaching a short video of the "Aqara" app and the alarm feature. Let me know if this can be done on ViGi app.

File:
Aqara alarm.mp4Download
Options
2024-01-30 07:00:03

Hi @tank34 

tank34 wrote

Clive_A wrote

Hi @tank34 

tank34 wrote

Hi   @Clive_A , 

Hi  @Clive_A , yes, I understand, I am very happy with the human recognition feature on TP-Link. I use the camera as a security tool, and would  like an "Alarm" feature in the ViGi app, so that it can alert me when human is detected. 

I am attaching a short video of the "Aqara" app and the alarm feature. Let me know if this can be done on ViGi app.

Appreciate your video which makes things easier.

My question is what does the notification look like when you put the app in the background? It looks like a normal notification, right?

So, you only need an alarm like this? An in-app notification like "Alert System Alarm"?

Options
2024-01-30 09:15:28

Clive_A wrote

Hi @tank34 

tank34 wrote

Clive_A wrote

Hi @tank34 

tank34 wrote

Hi   @Clive_A , 

My question is what does the notification look like when you put the app in the background? It looks like a normal notification, right?

So, you only need an alarm like this? An in-app notification like "Alert System Alarm"?

Hi   @Clive_A , yes, similar notification is good. But the most important item is that the Alarm / sound must be at least 5 seconds (configurable) or longer. So that if I am sleeping, I can hear the alarm and maybe even have time to call the Police. The alarm must also be "loud" enough.

Options
2024-01-31 04:15:05

Hi @tank34

tank34 wrote

Clive_A wrote

Hi @tank34 

tank34 wrote

Clive_A wrote

Hi @tank34 

tank34 wrote

Hi   @Clive_A , 

Hi   @Clive_A , yes, similar notification is good. But the most important item is that the Alarm / sound must be at least 5 seconds (configurable) or longer. So that if I am sleeping, I can hear the alarm and maybe even have time to call the Police. The alarm must also be "loud" enough.

I appreciate your reply and feedback.

I shared this video with the senior engineer who's in charge of VIGI. Unfortunately, it fits my initial judgment that this does not seem to be a suitable/proper feature for the VIGI(business) solution. It would be greater for the IoT device like our Kasa camera.

I'll leave this thread open, let's see how the market/others react.

Options
2024-01-31 06:58:02

Clive_A wrote

Hi @tank34

tank34 wrote

Clive_A wrote

Hi @tank34 

tank34 wrote

Clive_A wrote

Hi @tank34 

tank34 wrote

Hi   @Clive_A , 

I shared this video with the senior engineer who's in charge of VIGI. Unfortunately, it fits my initial judgment that this does not seem to be a suitable/proper feature for the VIGI(business) solution. It would be greater for the IoT device like our Kasa camera.

HI @Clive_A , 

noted on the feedback, but a few more points:-

1. I am using it at home, so this is non-business but for Consumer or Residential usage;

2. If the Camera also acts as a "security" tool, then there must be an "Alarm" system;

3. If the Camera is on, and detects an "Intruder", we need to know immediately, we can't wait 10 mins otherwise it will be too late.

4. I am currently using the ViGi app on iPhone, and I only receive a text notification, this is insufficient for me to act on when there is an intruder;

5. On the iPhone, there is not option to customise the iOS notification to make it lounder.

Thank you.

Options
2024-01-31 09:18:44

Hi @tank34 

tank34 wrote

Clive_A wrote

Hi @tank34

tank34 wrote

Clive_A wrote

Hi @tank34 

tank34 wrote

Clive_A wrote

Hi @tank34 

tank34 wrote

Hi   @Clive_A , 

HI @Clive_A , 

noted on the feedback, but a few more points:-

1. I am using it at home, so this is non-business but for Consumer or Residential usage;

2. If the Camera also acts as a "security" tool, then there must be an "Alarm" system;

3. If the Camera is on, and detects an "Intruder", we need to know immediately, we can't wait 10 mins otherwise it will be too late.

4. I am currently using the ViGi app on iPhone, and I only receive a text notification, this is insufficient for me to act on when there is an intruder;

5. On the iPhone, there is not option to customise the iOS notification to make it lounder.

Thank you.

BTW, is this alarm based on the local? Or require Internet access?

I mean from the perspective of the commercial camera, VIGI, we don't want to get into privacy problems so videos are stored locally and our cloud-only pull the stream through our platform.

If your Internet is down, will that alarm work locally? That would be a point for us to tell if this is feasible or suitable.

Our Kasa and IoT series can work and sound alarm when detecting human and movement.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 306

Replies: 9

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.