VLAN & LAN ports, I can only chose 1 vlan. Where is the All option via Omada Gui.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VLAN & LAN ports, I can only chose 1 vlan. Where is the All option via Omada Gui.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-31 16:17:33
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4

I was expecting that the LAN ports on the ER605 could be Trunk ports to the Switches connected to it.  But it seems I can only chose a single PVID at a time,  VLAN 1, VLAN 20 or VLAN 30.  I want it to include all configured VLANs on a port (or maybe all ports) so I can use the switch to tag specific ports that need just VLAN 20 or others.    I don't see that option?   Am I not understanding something?  I do not see a way to "not" set a VPID either (thinking maybe thats how it becomes a trunk to other switches. 

I must not be understanding something?   How do I get all those ports (or just some) to have all VLANs traversing the port or ports.. 

-Bill

Bill http:\\cowlesmountain.com Traveling the USA in a 40' Bus
Options
2 Reply
Re:VLAN & LAN ports, I can only chose 1 vlan. Where is the All option via Omada Gui.
2024-02-01 00:13:58 - last edited 2024-02-01 00:14:53

@BigBillSD I don't have the 605, but there can only be 1 PVID on a link.  A PVID defines what VLAN untagged traffic will belong to.  

You should be able to set up VLANs under Settings|Wired Network|LAN.  That should create all the port profiles you would need, including the 'All' profile which is what you would use as a trunk link.

I have my edge ports set to a specific VLAN so when traffic enters the port it is already in a VLAN.  If it needs to route, then it will travel up the trunk link to the gateway (in my case, a ER7206) (that is an assumption on my part - that the gateway is routing between VLANs, I suppose it could be the switch as well).  In looking at my LAN profile settings, I don't have a PVID, I have a Native VLAN (which is - I think - the same thing).  But all of that was created automatically for me when I created the VLANs.

[EDIT: I am using an Omada Controller - if you are not, then the priciples still apply, but the configuration may be different]

Options
Re:VLAN & LAN ports, I can only chose 1 vlan. Where is the All option via Omada Gui.
2024-02-01 01:16:48

Hi @BigBillSD 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

BigBillSD wrote

I was expecting that the LAN ports on the ER605 could be Trunk ports to the Switches connected to it.

Of course, ER605 can do it.

BigBillSD wrote

But it seems I can only chose a single PVID at a time, 

That's right.

BigBillSD wrote

I do not see a way to "not" set a VPID either (thinking maybe thats how it becomes a trunk to other switches.

Where do you learn that you can set multi or remove the PVID from the port? Do you have any references when you configure?

From what you described, I think you might visit the Wiki or our official website FAQ about 802.1Q VLAN and do some research and notes before you start the config.

Start from the term "VLAN trunk".

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 2

Related Articles