Auto Authorizing Client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Auto Authorizing Client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Auto Authorizing Client
Auto Authorizing Client
2024-02-05 15:15:02
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am using Omada Controller for Authenticating using External Radius server, the issue is when i connected AP i got login page and i am authentication is fine when i turn of my mobile wifi after 10 minuites when i connecting the ap it allowing auto authorizing with out asking any authentication so in this case radius not showing online user and consumption data also not recorded in database.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Auto Authorizing Client
2024-02-05 17:22:39

@RajeshRouthu 

To clarify, you authenticate a client once, and it works.  You disable wifi for a period, re-enable the wifi, and you are automatically granted access, but the status and/or accounting info is no longer recorded via your external RADIUS server?

If so, the issue would appear to be that the controller is not sending new start/stop radius accounting session info to your offboard radius server.  Am I close?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2024-02-07 13:27:53 - last edited 2024-02-07 14:18:30

@RajeshRouthu 

Yes, up to 30 minuites  i am able to login with out any authentication

Options
2024-02-07 19:01:48

@RajeshRouthu 

Can you stay connected beyond the 30min window?

Do you see any further accounting packets from the controller to your Radius server?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 310

Replies: 3

Related Articles