EAP225 Outdoor WiFi AP to broadcast internet from a standard starlink kit

2024-02-18 15:37:58 - last edited 2024-02-20 08:35:50
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. I have small resort on the beach. There is no rf or any other WiFi signals at all in the area. I have a approximately a 120 meter diameter circular outdoor space I need to provide WiFi access in. My source internet will come from a standard starlink kit. I get around 100mbps from it. I only need to provide WiFi for 60 clients max. There are 6 bungalows with thin walls, other open walled grass roofed structures including the lobby/restaurant and trees on my property. I don’t necessarily need to provide WiFi inside the bungalows. Though i would like to have a good WiFi signal outdoors throughout the space. Will 1 EAP225 placed in the center be enough?. I can trench and wire from my starlink to the outdoor ap. Also would like to have the option to add more ap’s wireless in mesh when I add more bungalows further away in the future. Thx 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: EAP225 Outdoor WiFi AP to broadcast internet from a standard starlink kit-Solution
2024-02-19 18:37:44 - last edited 2024-02-20 08:35:50

@mayku 

Here's an approach using 3 x 225's + OC200 and optionally a POE switch (but you can just use the supplied injectors).  I tried to minimize wiring but maximize coverage.

The blue circle is the 225-outdoor connected to your Starlink setup.  Since you are only getting ~100Mbps anyway, you could use the OC200 as a 2port switch between the Starlink and this AP.

Two more 225's are mounted on the long building by the beach pool.  The white arrow shows what I expect is the least obstructed path, this will be used to mesh the pair of remote 225's back to the 225 directly wired to the Starlink.  The purple line shows the two remote APs to be connected together, and this could be as simple as AP-injector-patch cable-injector-AP.  There is a reason for doing it this way, rather than having both APs wirelessly mesh back as it allows you to use a second 5.8Ghz channel (CH-B) for guest traffic.  I am hoping that the white arrow is ~30-40m to maintain a high capacity link on CH-A which is used for guest access at both pools as well as the mesh backhaul of all user traffic generated by the paired remote APs.  I this design you would want to fix the CH-A and CH-B frequencies at each AP. 

If you have any issues, you can always disconnect the twinning cable, and run both APs independently.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re: Outdoor WiFi AP from starlink source
2024-02-19 08:51:00

Hi @mayku,

I'd like to introduce a distinctive section on the TP-Link official website "Solution" section.

It is advertised as Reliable, Professional and Efficient One-Stop Solution. Here you can type in your network layout, your requirements, and it will provide an unique solution to you contains the devices' model number and quantities.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re: EAP225 Outdoor WiFi AP to broadcast internet from a standard starlink kit
2024-02-19 11:09:35

@mayku this is the layout I drafted. Excuse my rough sketch. 

Options
Re: Outdoor WiFi AP from starlink source
2024-02-19 12:25:16

@Hank21 thx! I will check it out. Cheers

Options
Re: EAP225 Outdoor WiFi AP to broadcast internet from a standard starlink kit-Solution
2024-02-19 18:37:44 - last edited 2024-02-20 08:35:50

@mayku 

Here's an approach using 3 x 225's + OC200 and optionally a POE switch (but you can just use the supplied injectors).  I tried to minimize wiring but maximize coverage.

The blue circle is the 225-outdoor connected to your Starlink setup.  Since you are only getting ~100Mbps anyway, you could use the OC200 as a 2port switch between the Starlink and this AP.

Two more 225's are mounted on the long building by the beach pool.  The white arrow shows what I expect is the least obstructed path, this will be used to mesh the pair of remote 225's back to the 225 directly wired to the Starlink.  The purple line shows the two remote APs to be connected together, and this could be as simple as AP-injector-patch cable-injector-AP.  There is a reason for doing it this way, rather than having both APs wirelessly mesh back as it allows you to use a second 5.8Ghz channel (CH-B) for guest traffic.  I am hoping that the white arrow is ~30-40m to maintain a high capacity link on CH-A which is used for guest access at both pools as well as the mesh backhaul of all user traffic generated by the paired remote APs.  I this design you would want to fix the CH-A and CH-B frequencies at each AP. 

If you have any issues, you can always disconnect the twinning cable, and run both APs independently.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
Re: EAP225 Outdoor WiFi AP to broadcast internet from a standard starlink kit
2024-02-20 08:35:21 - last edited 2024-02-20 08:35:44

@d0ugmac1 thanks for taking time to review my post i really appreciate your advice. Cheers! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 6

Related Articles