Unifi Controller + Omada Controller on Windows 10 Machine DHCP IP duplicationu

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-18 23:49:31
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: v.2.0

Is there a potential DHCP Conflict running both Unifi Controller + Omada Controller on Windows 10 Machine? I get occassional error that IP address is used more than once occassionally and it seems related to running both controllers and it seems multiple IP addresses are assigned to windows local machine, do these apply to each controller server? Do they both run DHCP by default? Should one be disabled? Any suggestions to reduce conflict of IP address? Does DHCP run on the ER605 hardware or on software or both? Do users use windows controller or Cloud Controller or both? Any more documentation or setup I can referecne for this setup?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Unifi Controller + Omada Controller on Windows 10 Machine DHCP IP duplicationu
2024-02-19 02:01:49

Hi @Gnukid 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Controller does not assign an IP address to the computer. Unless you have an Omada router but it would only happen if you have messed around with the DHCP and your computer IP address. I don't think there is a problem with them.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:Unifi Controller + Omada Controller on Windows 10 Machine DHCP IP duplicationu
2024-02-19 02:14:34
I see my windows machine has 2 ip addresses in Omada client list? 192.168.0.103 and 192.168.0.10 each with different mac addresses? Basic question I can't understand does the standalone ER605 have DHCP running or is Omada in Windows have DHCP running, another basic question is it intended that users run Omada Controller in windows and Omada Cloud as well, resulting in 2 Omada controllers, or just one or the other? Nowhere can I find a clear description of how to use Omada in windows and/or cloud, currently I run both, not sure if that mean I am now creating conflicts? FYI I also use UNIFI Network application in Windows? and may have DHCP running on a Starlink connected to WAN port?
Options
2024-02-19 02:35:57

Hi @Gnukid 

Gnukid wrote

I see my windows machine has 2 ip addresses in Omada client list? 192.168.0.103 and 192.168.0.10 each with different mac addresses? Basic question I can't understand does the standalone ER605 have DHCP running or is Omada in Windows have DHCP running, another basic question is it intended that users run Omada Controller in windows and Omada Cloud as well, resulting in 2 Omada controllers, or just one or the other? Nowhere can I find a clear description of how to use Omada in windows and/or cloud, currently I run both, not sure if that mean I am now creating conflicts? FYI I also use UNIFI Network application in Windows? and may have DHCP running on a Starlink connected to WAN port?

1. Do you have virtual machines on your PC?

2. If your answer to the first question is yes, you have two IPs in the client list, with different MAC addresses, how would you interpret your statement? 

Gnukid wrote

I see my windows machine has 2 ip addresses in Omada client list? 192.168.0.103 and 192.168.0.10 each with different mac addresses?

Don't you think you are not familiar with the VM and still messing around with it? Omada Controller and the VM are completely two separate things.

And it is also self-evident that you have a virtual machine and the VM is on bridge mode. And VM is not my concern.

I also find it absurd to say your Windows machine has two IP addresses. How do you know it is your Windows machine while they have different MAC addresses?

Do you have two NICs? Do you mention it? Nope. From my point of view, you are confused with your computer prior to the controller thing.

3. Omada is a controller, not a DHCP server. Controller configures and then syncs the configs to the router. Router is the DHCP server. Does this make sense now?

Gnukid wrote

Basic question I can't understand does the standalone ER605 have DHCP running or is Omada in Windows have DHCP running, another basic question is it intended that users run Omada Controller in windows and Omada Cloud as well, resulting in 2 Omada controllers, or just one or the other?

4. Have you read through the User Guide of Omada Controller?

Gnukid wrote

Nowhere can I find a clear description of how to use Omada in windows and/or cloud, currently I run both, not sure if that mean I am now creating conflicts? FYI I also use UNIFI Network application in Windows? and may have DHCP running on a Starlink connected to WAN port?

About the UNIFI and Starlink, they are not my reign.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-02-19 02:53:12

The windows 10 machine has no VM running. 

In Omada controller clients list, my Windows Machine is listed twice with 2 ip addresses, as well the Omada controller shows the same 2 ip addresses. 

I am reading all docs, it's unclear how setup should be using Omada, also the docs show different settings than I see in my settings? Perhaps documentation is not up to date?

I had log reports of same ip address assigned to multiple devices, I reboot and it goes away, also, I see multiple IP address to the same windows device?

I'll review docs, I am reading and reviewing all docs I can find.

Thank you, 

Paul

Omada local controller shows 2 ip addresses?

@Clive_A 

Windows machine Onyx is listed twice in Omada client list

Options
2024-02-19 03:01:55

Hi @Gnukid 

Gnukid wrote

The windows 10 machine has no VM running. 

In Omada controller clients list, my Windows Machine is listed twice with 2 ip addresses, as well the Omada controller shows the same 2 ip addresses. 

I am reading all docs, it's unclear how setup should be using Omada, also the docs show different settings than I see in my settings? Perhaps documentation is not up to date?

I had log reports of same ip address assigned to multiple devices, I reboot and it goes away, also, I see multiple IP address to the same windows device?

I'll review docs, I am reading and reviewing all docs I can find.

Thank you, 

Paul

Omada local controller shows 2 ip addresses?

@Clive_A 

Windows machine Onyx is listed twice in Omada client list

OK. If no VM, you should have at least several adapters. Three IPs and three connected adapters.

Run the ipconfig /all and see how many adapters you have and how many of them are listed there. Cross reference.

And you indeed can set up multiple IPs and DNS servers to a single NIC. So, you might wanna take a look at what you have configured on your computer.

For your computer, you have two NICs, right? WIFI and wired and both are connected.

Options
2024-02-19 03:10:51 - last edited 2024-02-19 03:11:36

Clive_A wrote

Hi @Gnukid 

OK. If no VM, you should have at least several adapters. Three IPs and three connected adapters.

Run the ipconfig /all and see how many adapters you have and how many of them are listed there. Cross reference.

And you indeed can set up multiple IPs and DNS servers to a single NIC. So, you might wanna take a look at what you have configured on your computer.

For your computer, you have two NICs, right? WIFI and wired and both are connected.

@Clive_A 

I will do an ipconfig /all to note the connections, (did it earlier today, but didn't notice the issue at the time)

Yes, I have WIFI and Wired both connected on Windows Machine, perhaps, I should try to remove either the ethernet or wifi connection? I tried to turn off wifi but it is not obvious? EAsier to unplug ehternet but I prefer to be hard wired for primary devices. 

Thank you,

Options
2024-02-19 03:23:01

Hi @Gnukid 

Gnukid wrote

Clive_A wrote

Hi @Gnukid 

@Clive_A 

I will do an ipconfig /all to note the connections, (did it earlier today, but didn't notice the issue at the time)

Yes, I have WIFI and Wired both connected on Windows Machine, perhaps, I should try to remove either the ethernet or wifi connection? I tried to turn off wifi but it is not obvious? EAsier to unplug ehternet but I prefer to be hard wired for primary devices. 

Thank you,

The controller will now record every adapter you have and its IP address. Even it is a virtual machine IP. So, disabling one of the adapters or connections would fix it and you'll only see one IP address.

Options