Route all traffic on specific Port to IPsec VPN

2024-02-21 10:08:38 - last edited 2024-02-22 01:52:25
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have established a LAN-to-LAN IPsec VPN connection between my ER605 and a remote network.

This is working and from both networks I can access the other local network devices. 

I would now like that for one specific Ethernet port on the ER605, all traffic is to be routed through the VPN connection. I.e. for this specific port, a connected device would access internet not through the local WAN but through the VPN tunnel.

How would I do this?

I would have expected that I would need to

1) Create a new VLAN and assing it to the required port

2) Create IP_Group for VLAN

3) Create Policy Routing with created IP_Group as Source IP and VPN as WAN.

Unfortunately, the Selectable WAN is only the local WAN and the UBS-Modem, not the VPN connection.

Any hints what I would need to do?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Route all traffic on specific Port to IPsec VPN-Solution
2024-02-21 11:10:06 - last edited 2024-02-22 01:52:28

@coogee86 

you cannot route all traffic through IPsec site to site,

policy routing only works on PPTP L2TP and WAN interface.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-22 01:51:15 - last edited 2024-02-22 01:52:25

Hi @coogee86 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Figure out what IPsec site-to-site is made for. Your whole request will be explained.

2. Use the client-to-site and set up Policy Routing. L2TP is supported.

3. A VPN tunnel cannot be limited to a specific port. It is not on layer 1. And you cannot designate it to layer 1 anyway.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2024-02-21 11:10:06 - last edited 2024-02-22 01:52:28

@coogee86 

you cannot route all traffic through IPsec site to site,

policy routing only works on PPTP L2TP and WAN interface.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-22 01:51:15 - last edited 2024-02-22 01:52:25

Hi @coogee86 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Figure out what IPsec site-to-site is made for. Your whole request will be explained.

2. Use the client-to-site and set up Policy Routing. L2TP is supported.

3. A VPN tunnel cannot be limited to a specific port. It is not on layer 1. And you cannot designate it to layer 1 anyway.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 135

Replies: 2

Related Articles