Wireless devices cannot stay connected, internet intermittently out

2024-02-23 04:03:35
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have a single site with four wireless networks. The default network performs horribly. Devices will not stay connected, and the internet connection is unstable through that network. The other networks that were added later are performing perfectly. How can I troubleshoot this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wireless devices cannot stay connected, internet intermittently out
2024-02-23 12:24:02

@ichosethisone 

Are the four networks provided by separate groups of APs, or via the same group of APs using multiple SSIDs per?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2024-02-23 13:23:03

@d0ugmac1 same group of APs.  It's strange, because the one that's problematic was the first that I set up and performs terribly.  The other three are perfect, however.  Yesterday just to test I added a fifth network, and it works perfectly as well.  I did look into whether having this many wireless networks on the same set of aps would impact performance, and from what I've found it shouldn't be an issue based on the number of aps (6) and the number of networks.

Options
2024-02-23 13:26:40

@ichosethisone 

Agree.  You are using the same radios/devices so performance issues would now seem to fall to either the endpoint devices themselves on the default network, or the subnet and other wired devices operating in that subnet/VLAN that the SSID is attached to.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options