Can I use a power line adapter with the TP Link Deco M4?

2024-02-27 07:15:12 - last edited 2024-02-28 03:37:49

Hello,

I am looking at buying a Tp link deco m4 mesh, or any other deco mesh, and I notice they have two ethernets on the back of each mesh

could I use the Ethernet not being used by the ONT on the main mesh to connect a tp link power line adapter to use with a computer upstairs just as you can with a router?

thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can I use a power line adapter with the TP Link Deco M4?-Solution
2024-02-27 14:48:48 - last edited 2024-02-28 03:37:49

@J-gh 

Yes, you can use second Ethernet port on Main Deco to connect a TP-Link power line adapter to use with a computer upstairs. This should work just fine.

I have two recommendation for you, if you are choosing Deco mesh:

1. Consider Deco X50 or X55. These models are good compromise between performance and price. Check prices for both if both are available in your region: while similar by specs, their prices could differ (one model on sale and another is not, for example). Also, X50 and X55 have three Ethernet ports, you may find this handy.

2. If you are using TP-Link powerline adapters, you could connect Satellite Deco to powerline adapter upstairs, and computer to the second port of that same Satellite Deco. As a result, your computer will have powerline link, and also you can deliver WiFi to other devices upstairs with Satellite Deco having stronger link to Main Deco. That could be an option if you have good powerline link.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I use a power line adapter with the TP Link Deco M4?-Solution
2024-02-27 14:48:48 - last edited 2024-02-28 03:37:49

@J-gh 

Yes, you can use second Ethernet port on Main Deco to connect a TP-Link power line adapter to use with a computer upstairs. This should work just fine.

I have two recommendation for you, if you are choosing Deco mesh:

1. Consider Deco X50 or X55. These models are good compromise between performance and price. Check prices for both if both are available in your region: while similar by specs, their prices could differ (one model on sale and another is not, for example). Also, X50 and X55 have three Ethernet ports, you may find this handy.

2. If you are using TP-Link powerline adapters, you could connect Satellite Deco to powerline adapter upstairs, and computer to the second port of that same Satellite Deco. As a result, your computer will have powerline link, and also you can deliver WiFi to other devices upstairs with Satellite Deco having stronger link to Main Deco. That could be an option if you have good powerline link.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can I use a power line adapter with the TP Link Deco M4?
2024-02-27 16:20:51

@Alexandre. 

Thank you for confirming these and I will be sure to look at your recommendations

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 195

Replies: 2

Related Articles