Trunk between switch
Trunk between switch
2024-03-02 15:07:11 - last edited 2024-03-07 01:35:54
Model: TL-SG3428  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.11 Build 20230602 Rel.76586

Hi all,

I write couse I need some help to set-up a VLAN trunk between 2 switches

In particular the the trunk is between port 3 Omada switch and port 1 on Netgear (GS308E) switch. Port 23 is the router port

Here are the setting of the 2 switches

Port 3 is tagged in every VLAN, here is an example of the VLAN 30

Here is the config in netgear

I this way everything connect at port of the Netgear switch does not work

What do I miss?

Thanks in advance

Options
5 Reply
Re:Trunk between switch
2024-03-04 05:58:01

Hi @xHAWAKx 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Remove the PVID on Netgear.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-04 18:05:54

@Clive_A 

Hello below the screensho of the configuration in Netgear after your suggestion

I have enable DHCP server for VLAN 30 the PC connected at port 2 does not recive the correct IP

Maybe in my first post I was missing a screenshot

Let me know if you need some more info

Options
2024-03-06 06:53:06

Hi @xHAWAKx 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

xHAWAKx wrote

@Clive_A 

Hello below the screensho of the configuration in Netgear after your suggestion

I have enable DHCP server for VLAN 30 the PC connected at port 2 does not recive the correct IP

Maybe in my first post I was missing a screenshot

Let me know if you need some more info

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-06 17:21:25

@Clive_A 

Hi,

your proposal nont works

Options
2024-03-07 01:35:21

Hi @xHAWAKx

xHAWAKx wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi,

your proposal nont works

Hold on. Read again. Port 2 on the NG is a PC? I thought it was a switch or something.

So, if you are gonna post a VLAN thing next time, not just on this forum, make sure you draw a diagram for the sake of others' understanding. I am not gonna put that much energy into your single case which is also very easy VLAN. Reading guides could fix it but I tried to give you direction command. I drew a diagram myself based on your description and sometimes people's description makes no sense to me. Save my time and energy and yours.

This should work now. If don't, your DHCP might not be working properly. PC uses untagged, with PVID.

This was explained in other posts by me several times. Be sure you do some research.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 145

Replies: 5

Related Articles