ER8411 DPI no data

ER8411 DPI no data

ER8411 DPI no data
ER8411 DPI no data
2024-03-04 21:02:48 - last edited 2024-03-05 02:30:50
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20240112 Rel.46189

I tried both custom and the latest beta version of the firmware.
I've enabled DPI via: Settings > Network Security > Application Control > Deep Packet Inspection

Statistics>Application Analytics shows no DPI data

Reports/APPFLOW shows no data.

Options
5 Reply
Re:ER8411 DPI no data
2024-03-05 02:30:38

Hi @ttocsr

I can certainly tell you that DPI works because I tested it on this version before.

1. Is your controller under the same network? Rule this out?

2. Have you configured it correctly? LAN is properly set?

I am very glad to read about your verification and configuration steps. Please attach screenshots.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-05 02:48:40

@Clive_A  I have the controller connected via management vlan 4090.   I have no ACLs setup between VLAN 1 and VLAN 4090, I'm able to ping between the subnets setup on each vlan.

Does the controller have to be in the same VLAN and subnet as the traffic I want to get DPI with?  Is there documentation on how to get DPI to work on a specific VLAN while keeping the controller connected via the management VLAN?

Options
2024-03-05 03:29:39

Hi @ttocsr 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. There is a function literally called management VLAN, are you referring to that? It is to isolate the networking devices from the regular VLAN int. I see a lot of people messing around with the "management VLAN" but actually it's just the name "management VLAN".

Your description seems to be namely "management VLAN".

2. No. If there is a guide, that'll be a single guide to illustrate the DPI or VLAN config. There are thousands of ways to use several features at the same time, we cannot write all the different mixes. So, I can tell you that we have two separate guides. Learn one at a time and use them at the same time later.

3. If it is literal management VLAN, there is no way to bypass it. You probably need to Wireshark now to find out if port 29815 is communicating with the controller. If yes, it is not the first case I am talking about.

4. I am asking if you have set up DPI correctly. Because you gotta set a LAN to where DPI takes effect. Can you confirm this?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-05 03:41:41

@Clive_A thanks, I am speaking of the actual management VLAN feature. 

I found it odd that there was no LAN selection where I enabled DPI.  I think this is what I'm missing.   Where do I select the LAN for DPI? I'm using software controller 5.13.30.8

Options
2024-03-05 03:48:07

Hi @ttocsr 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you are using management VLAN, so router and the controller are in the same LAN. That does not pose a problem to your case.

So, LAN setting, you need to pick a network where it takes effect.

Forum got its CG: How to Set Up Deep Packet Inspection(DPI) on Omada Router

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 313

Replies: 5

Related Articles