naming of Backup Files
naming of Backup Files
2024-03-07 14:12:54 - last edited 2024-03-12 08:40:14
Tags: #Firmware Update #Backup
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ER605 V2_2.2.4 Build 20240119

HI,

I have just updated to the latest official firmware release ( ER605 V2_2.2.4 Build 20240119) for my ER605 V2.

All seems to be working correctly, although not been using it long.

However I have seen what appeaars to be an error. I saved a Backup file from the System Management and noticed that the backup file is named "backup-ER605-2018-01-01.bin"!

All previous Backups were named using the date the file was created as shown;-

After updating to V2.2.2.4 the file is incorrectly named with what may possibly a name used every time;-

Clearly not a significant issue but will make backup management harder and does not give a lot of comfort with TP Link testing processes!

regards

mhoam

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:naming of Backup Files-Solution
2024-03-08 11:04:52 - last edited 2024-03-12 08:40:14
I have changed the first NTP server to the IP4 address identified at this URL "ntp dot theitman dot uk/" and the date/time has synchronised successfully. I do not understand why the previous default NTP servers have stopped working.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:naming of Backup Files
2024-03-08 01:45:21

Hi @mhoam 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

So what's the system time on the router when you export it? Is it synced?

Steadily reproduce it if time's synced?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:naming of Backup Files
2024-03-08 10:48:30

@Clive_A 

Thanks for the reply. As you suggested the problem is the system time on the ER-605, which is incorrect.

As shown below, the time is set to sync with two NTP servers but this does NOT seem to be happening. I "Saved" the settings on that page and then re-booted the router but the time did NOT sync with the NTP servers for some reason. The connectivity through the router is working fine but the date/time of the router is not working correctly. Obviously I can set it manually for now but this problem has only occurred since the firmware update to V2.2.2.4. These settings have not been changed since first installing the router.

Could you check if the Time sync is working on other devices?

Thanks

Mhoam

Options
Re:naming of Backup Files-Solution
2024-03-08 11:04:52 - last edited 2024-03-12 08:40:14
I have changed the first NTP server to the IP4 address identified at this URL "ntp dot theitman dot uk/" and the date/time has synchronised successfully. I do not understand why the previous default NTP servers have stopped working.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 177

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles