Vlans, DHCP binds Mac binds and wireless ?

2024-03-09 13:55:40
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.20

I'm trying to create a vlan.

I'm using a ER605, OC200, and SG2428P with 3 AP. All works great!

Native lan is 192.168.0.1 with a wifi called "dv2" whom not designated for a specific vlan.

my new vlan is 192.168.30.1 which has a wifi called "iot".

A case study client has an IP 192.168.0.10- whom I try to get an IP address from "iot" by selecting it from "clients" menu, "config" , enabling "Use Fixed IP Address", and selecting a static IP address and specific vlan, "iot".

This method does not work. even if assigning a Mac-bind, still, I get my old "dv2" IP.

why ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Vlans, DHCP binds Mac binds and wireless ?
2024-03-11 06:46:11

Hi @guyd2 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Not real-time display of the new IP.

2. Reboot the device to request the DHCP IP again. Basic DHCP interaction.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options