Can‘t set bandwidth limit on ER7206.

2024-03-10 12:54:58
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

Hey there,

I noticed a bug today while setting bandwidth limits on an ER7206 in standalone mode.

If WAN_ALL is selected as WAN, the max up- and downstream reports it must be set to an number between 100 an 0 kbps and it's impossible to set any value.

Best regards

Options
6 Reply
Re:Can‘t set bandwidth limit on ER7206.
2024-03-11 01:27:59

Hi @Philldu 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Try it in incognito mode and let me know if this persists.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-03-11 09:30:42 - last edited 2024-03-11 09:31:50

Hi @Clive_A ,

the problem stays the same in incognito mode.

Options
2024-03-11 09:46:17

Hi @Philldu 

Philldu wrote

Hi @Clive_A ,

the problem stays the same in incognito mode.

OK. What if you reset it, will it change to the normal one?
Rare chances where something corrupts the file. There is a possibility of that.

If persists, I think it is a bug.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-03-11 09:56:45

@Clive_A should I rest the whole router or what do you mean? I can't do this because it's in use. Rebooting doesn't change anything.

Options
2024-03-12 01:24:10

Hi @Philldu 

Philldu wrote

@Clive_A should I rest the whole router or what do you mean? I can't do this because it's in use. Rebooting doesn't change anything.

So, the system is Linux and I cannot rule out that there is a possibility something changed the conf file in the router which caused a wrong display.

I am suspicious about this because I ran into this before.

A reset would take it back to normal. But, if the reset does not work either, that is a corrupted parameter in the firmware. That's a bug for sure.

If possible, when idle, you can test this, that would be great. Back up first and save the backup to somewhere safe. Just reset the router with the reset button or from the system, you can reset it as well.

Check if that works okay. If not okay, that's bug in the firmware.

If it disappears, you can import your backup and check again. If this shows up again after your import, that's a corrupted backup file. That'll be a bad config on your old settings.

Options
2024-04-19 08:56:59 - last edited 2024-04-19 08:57:49

@Clive_A short update on that.

We're started using the SFP-WAN, can't say if this fixed the problem, but it's the only thing that changed, since I reported the error.

The transceiver was plugged but not connected before, maybe this caused the issue? 

Now it's possible to set the limit correctly.

But it's still only working in outbound direction.

I get the full download speed on the selected network, no limit is applied, outgoing traffic is exactly limited to the defined value.

Best regards.

Options