Configuration into omada software

2024-03-11 23:03:30 - last edited 2024-03-12 08:49:46
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20231214 Rel.77035

I would like to get this router into OMADA Software, I tried to configure it with the software and after a day of frustration I gave up and reconfigured it in stand alone which I know how to do

I have 4 public wan addresses, 4 vlans and 17 port forwards to different LANS

Is there some way to convert a stand alone backup to be used on the omada software or is the only way to wipe out the ER8411 and configure in the OMADA software?

Configuration is much different in the Omada software and I must have been missing something

I just dont want to throw away another day and not accomplish anything again

The down time also kills me

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Configuration into omada software-Solution
2024-03-12 08:46:36 - last edited 2024-03-12 08:49:46

Hi @spd2612 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

There is no way to import the existing backup from the standalone to the controller. It contradicts the whole concept of the Omada. When you adopt, the existing configurations will be erased and the new parameters from the controller will sync and apply.

If you cannot afford downtime, consider pre-configuring your parameters on the Omada Controller. Some parameters can be set without even connecting a router. When you adopt again, the pre-configured parameters will be synced to the router and will take effect after its synchronization.

That would be the best way to minimize the downtime.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Configuration into omada software-Solution
2024-03-12 08:46:36 - last edited 2024-03-12 08:49:46

Hi @spd2612 

There is no way to import the existing backup from the standalone to the controller. It contradicts the whole concept of the Omada. When you adopt, the existing configurations will be erased and the new parameters from the controller will sync and apply.

If you cannot afford downtime, consider pre-configuring your parameters on the Omada Controller. Some parameters can be set without even connecting a router. When you adopt again, the pre-configured parameters will be synced to the router and will take effect after its synchronization.

That would be the best way to minimize the downtime.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Configuration into omada software
2024-03-12 12:11:36

@Clive_A 

well I was afraid that was the answer I would get.

i tried to configure the omada software but could not get it to connect to the internet although the wans connected

must have missed something 

spent hours trying

and I dont want to go thru that again even though I do have a backup now

my setup is a little intensive and.the Omada config is different so I guess i will have to stay in stand alone mode

but thank you for the reply

Options
2024-03-13 00:57:30

Hi @spd2612 

spd2612 wrote

@Clive_A 

well I was afraid that was the answer I would get.

i tried to configure the omada software but could not get it to connect to the internet although the wans connected

must have missed something 

spent hours trying

and I dont want to go thru that again even though I do have a backup now

my setup is a little intensive and.the Omada config is different so I guess i will have to stay in stand alone mode

but thank you for the reply

If you need a walkthrough when you set it up, you can call technical support. They can also explain what you should do and provide suggestions when you run into issue in a real time manner.

Options
2024-03-14 13:08:33

@Clive_A 

This is my stand alone working setup

SFP+ WAN1  =wan 1

SFP+ WAN/LAN2 =wan2

SFP WAN/LAN3   wan3

SFP WAN/LAN4   wan4

1    LAN40    40    192.168.x.2    255.255.255.0        
2    LAN30    30    192.168.x.2    255.255.255.0        
3    LAN20    20    192.168.x.2    255.255.255.0        
4    LAN50    50    192.168.x.2    255.255.255.0

1    20    vlan20    5(UNTAG)    LAN20    
2    30    vlan30    6(UNTAG)    WAN30    
3    40    vlan40    7(UNTAG)    LAN40    
4    50    vlan50    8(UNTAG)    LAN50    
5    4092    vlan4092    4(UNTAG)    WAN/LAN4    
6    4093    vlan4093    3(UNTAG)        
7    4094    vlan4094    2(UNTAG)

My ports need to be all untagged I am guessing this is the area I am having issues with I dont see where to set the ports to untag All the port forwarding and such is still configured in the Omada software from my first attempt, will that all stay when I adopt again?

Can you see what I need to do here

LAN Networks

Options
2024-03-15 01:30:58

Hi @spd2612 

spd2612 wrote

@Clive_A 

This is my stand alone working setup

SFP+ WAN1  =wan 1

SFP+ WAN/LAN2 =wan2

SFP WAN/LAN3   wan3

SFP WAN/LAN4   wan4

1    LAN40    40    192.168.x.2    255.255.255.0        
2    LAN30    30    192.168.x.2    255.255.255.0        
3    LAN20    20    192.168.x.2    255.255.255.0        
4    LAN50    50    192.168.x.2    255.255.255.0

1    20    vlan20    5(UNTAG)    LAN20    
2    30    vlan30    6(UNTAG)    WAN30    
3    40    vlan40    7(UNTAG)    LAN40    
4    50    vlan50    8(UNTAG)    LAN50    
5    4092    vlan4092    4(UNTAG)    WAN/LAN4    
6    4093    vlan4093    3(UNTAG)        
7    4094    vlan4094    2(UNTAG)

My ports need to be all untagged I am guessing this is the area I am having issues with I dont see where to set the ports to untag All the port forwarding and such is still configured in the Omada software from my first attempt, will that all stay when I adopt again?

Can you see what I need to do here

Setting it as untagged, you should adopt it first.

Then, set up the PVID on each port. That'll automatically untagged the port as well.

This requires the devices adopted and then you click the device to change the port settings.

You can preconfigure the settings. As said, it'll sync to the router after you adopt it. Things you can preconfigure on the router will sync to the router after being adopted.

Options
2024-03-15 12:38:01

@Clive_A 

I want to thank you for your responce but everything I do does not seem to work

When I changed the ports the 8411 fans kicked up on high and the ports locked up

if I disconnected the ports from the switch the fans would slow down but of course that wont work it is just a 48 port poe netgear switch with no config on it

i think I am just going to keep this in stand alone until I can find a tutorial for multiple wans and lans

i do not want to dame the 8411

if i can config in standalone i dont see how the omada would be this difficult 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 196

Replies: 6

Related Articles