noipddns not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

noipddns not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
noipddns not working
noipddns not working
2024-03-15 13:39:04 - last edited 2024-03-18 01:47:47
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

The N0IP service doesnt seem to work anymore.  I Recently created a ticket but none of the solutions helped.

I've even created a new host on noip and even reset the changes to configuration shown on the website but all it does is show connecting

WAN

AccountName XXXXX at ddnskey dot com

Update interval 1hour

Status Enabled

Service Status Connecting

D0ma1n Name: all dot ddnskey dot com

Note: system log shows

NOTICE WAN: XXX at ddnskey dot com login NoIP Server fail.

Sorry about the at and dot in the various addresses, the stupid editor kept on telling me about illegal links etc.

Options
8 Reply
Re:noipddns not working
2024-03-15 14:12:36 - last edited 2024-03-16 06:34:49

@NX01 

I have no longer ER605v1 but i have different other Omada routers. and my configuration is different from yours.

I use this format have always worked on all routers from TP-Link

username: group-name%23username
password: xxxxxx
domain name: my.noip,domain

in order not to enter an admin account for no-ip in Omada controller, I always use groups that I configure inside the no-ip console, therefore the username is as you see here.

Options
2024-03-18 13:54:17 - last edited 2024-03-18 14:10:38

@MR.S 

I don't use Omada. I use the router as a standalone device. 

However, the solution you've advised does not work when I enter my credentials as per your example

Note: I also have the option of custom DDNS on the router and I'm using the following update URL

https://%5BUSERNAME%5D:%5BPASSWORD%5D@dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=[DOMAIN]&myip=[IP]

The above works from a webbrowser when I pass my "main noip username and password"  but from the ER605, if i put the same login details and domain, it doesn't. All I get in the service staus box is "offline"

Options
2024-03-18 17:36:54

@NX01 

I found an old ER605v1 from the scrap box, it worked excellently when I tested no-ip in stand alone and controller mode.
there is firmware 1.3.1 on the router

I used the same login format as shown earlier. I haven't bothered to log in like you since ordinary login works perfectly against no-ip..

Options
2024-03-19 02:21:12

Hi @NX01 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

NX01 wrote

@MR.S 

I don't use Omada. I use the router as a standalone device. 

However, the solution you've advised does not work when I enter my credentials as per your example

Note: I also have the option of custom DDNS on the router and I'm using the following update URL

https://%5BUSERNAME%5D:%5BPASSWORD%5D@dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=[DOMAIN]&myip=[IP]

The above works from a webbrowser when I pass my "main noip username and password"  but from the ER605, if i put the same login details and domain, it doesn't. All I get in the service staus box is "offline"

Try without the &-IP part. Will it work?

And username and password are placed in [xyz].

BTW, you have a predefined Service Provider. Probably should go for that.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-03-19 10:00:42
did you use the pre-defined "noip" menu item in services > Dynamic DNS > NOip? ID 1 Interface WAN Account Name group-name%23accountname Update Interval 1 hour Status Enabled Service Status Offline Dom name my noip domain The above for me do not work. I even tried the dom name as stated on noip site all dot ddnskey dot com
Options
2024-03-19 10:12:44
I decided to give up on the router side, it just doesn't seem to work for no-ip, whether i use the predefined service noip or if i use the custom option. The custom link i showed above works fine when i manually enter into a browser so I know that works, so i''m assuming something in the router isn't being passed correctly. ps. I decided to give up on the router side and have opted to use the custom line option instead on a spare Raspberry Pi. I created a crontab to run every 60 minutes and its working perfectly. I'm not sure why the predefined service is no longer working on the router. It used to, so maybe something changed on the noip side?? ps. the firmware on my router is: 1.3.0 Build 20230511 Rel.51317
Options
2024-03-19 10:14:59
I will also try firmware 1.3.1 to see if that resolves the issue. thanks again for your help.
Options
2024-03-19 12:47:09 - last edited 2024-03-19 12:48:38

@NX01 

I've tested a bit here too, I try to put it in the crontab but it doesn't work, which command do you use in the crontab to make it work? from the ssh console it works but not from the crontab.

I use command like this.

when I get home I'll see if I can test a bit on the ER605v1 with custom settings in stand alone, I tested this on a Microtik today and it worked without problems so it should work with the ER605v1 too I think.

what I see at no-ip is that they have made changes to group usernames and passwords, so there is a lot of new stuff there, but the old ones still work, but it could be that there are changes that can cause problems, I don't know.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 461

Replies: 8

Related Articles