Unknown firewall entry "Me"

2024-03-18 01:38:33 - last edited 2024-03-19 02:28:37
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: TL-R470T+v6_un_6.0.4_20200313-rel32850_up.bin

I have factory defaulted my tl=r470t+ and tried to create an firewall entry. there is an entry which should not be present called  "Me" It does not exist in preferences IP group.

I have also tried to reinstalling the latest firmware TL-R470T+v6_un_6.0.4_20200313-rel32850_up.bin.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unknown firewall entry "Me"-Solution
2024-03-19 02:28:31 - last edited 2024-03-19 02:28:37

Hi @HomeNotifier 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

It's the router's IP address. Interface.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Unknown firewall entry "Me"-Solution
2024-03-19 02:28:31 - last edited 2024-03-19 02:28:37

Hi @HomeNotifier 

It's the router's IP address. Interface.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Unknown firewall entry "Me"
2024-03-20 10:18:39

@Clive_A Where do I see that in the manual? Why would the ME represent the routers IP address? How can t be used?

Options
2024-03-21 01:22:35

Hi @HomeNotifier 

HomeNotifier wrote

@Clive_A Where do I see that in the manual? Why would the ME represent the routers IP address? How can t be used?

The User Guide did not add this as it was a new feature added later on.

This model is marked as EOL. Yet, I am not sure if it is EOS.

If it is EOS, we will not provide any support or update to its User Guide.

For some users, this is useful to block access to the web page of the router. In your case, you don't need it, it does not mean it is useless.

If this bothers you and you hope not to see this strange group in your list, please kindly downgrade your firmware. The steps are the same as the upgrade. Please refer to the guide if you have trouble.

Options
2024-03-27 12:54:45

@HomeNotifier You are making a false statement.

I know this because the entry Me was placed by myself and for some reason cannot be removed either by defaulting or reinstalling the image to the tplink product

Options
Thursday
SO users who have this product can have an entry that dod not exist and cannot be removed by defaulting the router. TP-link has no resolution as to how to place this product back into default service.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 118

Replies: 5

Related Articles