Votes

please add option for reboot from web interface or via ssh on routers

2024-03-18 18:07:25
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

please add option for reboot from web interface or via ssh on routers, very often router is online and working but has lost connection to controller for one reason or another. a restart often solves the problem. now I either have to drive many miles or get someone to take the power to the router to get it online again. I had a case today, I had a connection to the router via vpn but had to call someone restart router, completely unnecessary, it should be easy to add to the router,

there should also be an option on switch and access point

Options
5 Reply
Re:please add option for reboot from web interface or via ssh on routers
2024-03-19 00:59:17 - last edited 2024-03-19 01:00:17

Hi @MR.S 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If it is disconnected, then you cannot reboot it from the web. Do it from the SSH. It is already supported. About the switch, it has a similar command. AP does not have a CLI guide to the public.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-19 04:49:57

@Clive_A 

Ok, maybe I'm doing something wrong, that's what I get when I try. I have also tried this many times before after firmware upgrade to see if it is implemented.

Options
2024-03-19 05:36:07

Hi @MR.S 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

MR.S wrote

@Clive_A 

Ok, maybe I'm doing something wrong, that's what I get when I try. I have also tried this many times before after firmware upgrade to see if it is implemented.

It seems to be the reason it is under the control of Omada Controller.

Both indeed show up with that reboot command.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-19 06:00:19

@Clive_A 

yepp, and it would have been useful in controller mode as well.

as for the web interface, it is also very often available when something is offline from the controller, a button like this would have been worth its weight in gold. smiley

Options
2024-03-19 06:03:22 - last edited 2024-03-19 06:04:27

@Clive_A 

And reboot work on a switch, nice, I tested on a SG2008P and SG2428P.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 151

Replies: 5

Voters 1