EDR Feature should be considered 

User Device monitoring tools 

Network Traffic monitor for malware 

Options
8 Reply
Re:EDR & cyber securty Features or User monitring tool
2024-03-20 02:12:14

Hi @yash555 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.
Can you be specific about each request?

To me, it does not make any sense or it is directive to me.

URL filtering, what part is not user-friendly? Please explain.

More firewall options, to be specific, what are needed?

EDR, please give its full name.

User device monitor, what should be monitored?

Malware detection, how to implement and make it happen? Do you have any ideas on what other vendors do on this? Or do you expect something like Deco HomeShield?

For now, it is marked as declined as it lacks details.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-20 05:00:59

@Clive_A 

1) URL filtering:- Kindly add options to add a link Like this https://www.tplink.com/  www.tplink.com does not work for all links also filtering takes time to reflect.

2) More firewall options:- Comprehensive network visibility, encryption, Advanced malware detection (sandboxing)

3) Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) If possible Just a suggestion can cloud-based integrated with Omada

4) User device monitor:-  Realtime user monitoring User history not visible most of the time 

5) malware has to be detected based on the host address, timestamps, and data volume information of aggregated packets that are sent and received by all the applications on the client options DNS Security service 

Devices We use in our organization

Options
2024-03-20 05:56:50

Hi @yash555 

yash555 wrote

@Clive_A 

1) URL filtering:- Kindly add options to add a link Like this https://www.tplink.com/  www.tplink.com does not work for all links also filtering takes time to reflect.

Format like https://, auto fill?

It does not work for all links, what kind of URLs do you have trouble with?

In the configuration guide I previously wrote, there was no issue with that. It can properly block if it is set correctly. I am very curious about your results.

yash555 wrote

@Clive_A 

2) More firewall options:- Comprehensive network visibility, encryption, Advanced malware detection (sandboxing)

Visibility like what kind of information? Do you have an example for me? It still does not make sense to me.

Sandbox, on the router or controller? Why? What do you hope it does? Like a Windows Sandbox or VM?

Isn't the current DPI fit for your purpose?

yash555 wrote

@Clive_A 

3) Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) If possible Just a suggestion can cloud-based integrated with Omada

Can be a new feature for evaluation.

yash555 wrote

@Clive_A 

4) User device monitor:-  Realtime user monitoring User history not visible most of the time 

What kind of history? This sounds like DPI as well. Which you already have on the ER8411 this model.

yash555 wrote

@Clive_A 

5) malware has to be detected based on the host address, timestamps, and data volume information of aggregated packets that are sent and received by all the applications on the client options DNS Security service 

Like what I thought. This is not possible at this moment. We cannot do a daily sync to some kind of online malware or anti-virus database at this moment.

Even if this is considered, note that daily sync requires their latest database and most of the providers will charge for that database. This may eventually transfer to the users which means it might be a subscription or proprietary feature on the Cloud-Based Controller(CBC).

Currently, we have IDS which is a static database and can provide features like that.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-20 06:35:23

@Clive_A 

We need to block certain sites if www is added still that link is not blocked

Firewall Encryption 

SPX encryption

Xstream TLS Inspection 1.3 with industry-leading performance, visibility, policy tools, and built-in intelligence removes an enormous blind spot in your protection.

Advanced Web Protection

HTTPS scanning (shall need database)

Enterprise Secure Web Gateway (SWG) policy model SWG FeaturesApplication Control provides administrators with the ability to create granular web security policies based on users to identify, block or limit usage of web applications and widgets. This ensures that the data being used by and shared between applications is private and secure within an organization.

User history with details of the session's actual bandwidth consumption and a device report on the highest bandwidth IT needs to be more informative & Dashboard.

IDS/IPS 

I have upgraded works like a charm

Options
2024-03-20 06:41:06
Note these are just suggestions practical implementation TPlink can explore
Options
2024-03-20 06:56:34

Hi @yash555 

yash555 wrote

@Clive_A 

We need to block certain sites if www is added still that link is not blocked

Options
2024-03-20 06:59:46

Hi @yash555 

yash555 wrote

Note these are just suggestions practical implementation TPlink can explore

I see. Some features may be the future implementation. Whether they are considered or not will also take into account the hardware resources and performance.

Some features I see have been implemented on the Cisco. I think this will be the future catch feature.

I cannot guarantee they will be added in the future as this just submits the requests for evaluation. Does not mean I can decide on your requests.

Options
2024-03-20 07:01:53
I understand. Thank you!
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 138

Replies: 8

Voters 1