New Unifi ACL Related Features and How you can do it in Omada

2024-03-22 01:57:25 - last edited 2024-03-22 14:58:50

Not sure if many have seen the latest Unifi Release about a week ago but a couple of their ACL features caught my attention. Unifi have new ACL features, specifically L3 Network Isolation and Device Isolation (ACL). [Release Version UniFi Network Application 8.1.113].

They fit some of the use-cases I posted here for some time:

• Unifi's Device Isolation is like the "Isolated VLAN" I posted a year ago for the Gateway version, and here's the video for the L3 Switch Version.

• Unifi's L3 Network Isolation is like the NeXTGen LAN. Unifi just state IPv4 networks block while NeXTGen LAN is IPv4 Private Networks Block (can easily be matched with Unifi's by using IPGroup Any instead of RFC 1918 IPs)

So if you are wondering if you can do those in Omada, check out those links I added.

From their FAQ:

"1. How does Device Isolation differ from Network Isolation?

Device Isolation blocks traffic between devices on the same Virtual Network (VLAN) whereas Network Isolation blocks IPv4 traffic between VLANs. "

Options
2 Reply
Re:New Unifi ACL Related Features and How you can do it in Omada
2024-03-25 01:54:01

Hi @Death_Metal 

Thanks for your help in sharing knowledgeable information with us.

Appreciate your help and I have marked your post as KB.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:New Unifi ACL Related Features and How you can do it in Omada
2024-03-29 13:35:59
Thanks Clive! Glad it can help others :)
Options