EAP225 wifi issues

EAP225 wifi issues

EAP225 wifi issues
EAP225 wifi issues
2024-03-25 11:03:45
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.1.1 Build 20230921 Rel. 63318(4555)

Hi,

Ive been having wifi issues lately where my EAP225 drops every device on wifi, this is becoming more annoying now as its been going on for awhile now.

I upgraded to latest firmware in hope this would solve the issue, but it didnt.

My EAP225 is powered by POE and i have checked if there is any poe issues on port but there is none.

When the AP drops wifi, the AP cant be pinged nor can it be accessed, i need to restart it in order to gain access to it again and to be able to connect to it again.

POE screenshot.

Everytime i have to cycle power on the poe port to restart the EAP225 which solves the issue but its occurring frequently during the day so resetting has been starting to get pain in the ***

Systemlog doesnt show much of what it seems other then system started.

Ive read a bunch of these same issue but no real solution i havent read therefor im creating a thread.

Any help appreciated to get this issue out of the way please.

AP systemlog:

Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP225 wifi issues
2024-03-26 06:58:12

Arne882 wrote

Hi,

Ive been having wifi issues lately where my EAP225 drops every device on wifi, this is becoming more annoying now as its been going on for awhile now.

I upgraded to latest firmware in hope this would solve the issue, but it didnt.

My EAP225 is powered by POE and i have checked if there is any poe issues on port but there is none.

When the AP drops wifi, the AP cant be pinged nor can it be accessed, i need to restart it in order to gain access to it again and to be able to connect to it again.

POE screenshot.

Everytime i have to cycle power on the poe port to restart the EAP225 which solves the issue but its occurring frequently during the day so resetting has been starting to get pain in the ***

Systemlog doesnt show much of what it seems other then system started.

Ive read a bunch of these same issue but no real solution i havent read therefor im creating a thread.

Any help appreciated to get this issue out of the way please.

AP systemlog:

Hi @Arne882 

If this issue happened after you had used the EAP225 for a long time, we may need to consider the hardware issue, including the EAP itself, the Ethernet cable, or the PoE switch. Please try to change the cable, try the original power adapter or other PoE port.

And you may refer to warranty policy and contact the local support to assist you check the warranty. Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-03-27 06:59:59

@Hank21 

Hi, thanks for replying,

The cable is nothing wrong with as ive checked for dropped packages, as far as changing poe i havent tested that yet, will try that one out just in case despite no issues on port from switch reported.

I will have to figure out a way to get the original power supply connected to the AP in the ceiling or unmount it to try this one out.

As i bought it back in 2021 there is no warranty on it as for terms of warranty devices bought before 2023 2 years of warranty only applies, which was long time overridden.

Will post back with more info regarding the other troubleshooting.

Thanks

Options
2024-03-28 02:49:33

Arne882 wrote

@Hank21 

Hi, thanks for replying,

The cable is nothing wrong with as ive checked for dropped packages, as far as changing poe i havent tested that yet, will try that one out just in case despite no issues on port from switch reported.

I will have to figure out a way to get the original power supply connected to the AP in the ceiling or unmount it to try this one out.

As i bought it back in 2021 there is no warranty on it as for terms of warranty devices bought before 2023 2 years of warranty only applies, which was long time overridden.

Will post back with more info regarding the other troubleshooting.

Thanks

Hi @Arne882 

When you failed to connect the EAP WiFi, will you be still able to PING the EAP from the switch/router?

It will be much appreciated if you can try to use the original power adapter, or maybe you can try to reset/re-set up the EAP. Before you reset the EAP, please make sure you have backup the configuration.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-03-28 22:16:48

@Hank21 

Did run tests on cable just in case, no issues there, and i also switched POE port to another, same issue still occurs also used POE injector that it came with, still same issue.

So i decided to Factory reset it today, and after this its been up and running without issues for 3 hours straight as of writing this reply on the same POE port as before with the same cable as before also.

tbh i think this is caused by one  firmware update, so i will leave it to factory settings and never update it. Im known to have a tin foiled hat on me that believes that these firmware updates are sent out to make consumers upgrade, but hey thats just me, so many companys has been caught doing this kind of software updates lately...

Consider this to be solved and i thank you for your time @Hank21.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 124

Replies: 4

Related Articles