Omada Controller - can't communicate between VLANs

2024-03-28 20:58:10
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.13.30.8

Hello,

This is a first time setup of Omada Controller on Windows.  Here is the network map (caveat: The controller pc is connected directly to port 11 on the ER8411 - idk why the map won't update).

I have two LANs setup:

So that everything connected to Port 8 on the switch get the 10.0.0.1 subnet:

I need the primary pc (on the 192.168.10.1 subnet via port 11 of the ER8411) to be able to communicate with all pcs on on the 10.0.0.1 subnet (for RDP/etc.).  I read that should happen by default, but it's not.  So I setup two ACL's:

And it still won't connect.

I didn't think I had to create static routes or configure NAT when using Omada.  Am I wrong?

Currently there is no entry in Transmission > Routing or NAT.

Please advise!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada Controller - can't communicate between VLANs
2024-03-29 08:03:27

ecovalence wrote

Hello,

This is a first time setup of Omada Controller on Windows.  Here is the network map (caveat: The controller pc is connected directly to port 11 on the ER8411 - idk why the map won't update).

I have two LANs setup:

So that everything connected to Port 8 on the switch get the 10.0.0.1 subnet:

I need the primary pc (on the 192.168.10.1 subnet via port 11 of the ER8411) to be able to communicate with all pcs on on the 10.0.0.1 subnet (for RDP/etc.).  I read that should happen by default, but it's not.  So I setup two ACL's:

And it still won't connect.

I didn't think I had to create static routes or configure NAT when using Omada.  Am I wrong?

Currently there is no entry in Transmission > Routing or NAT.

Please advise!

Hi @ecovalence 

The VLAN interfacse will allow you to reach each other. No need to set up the ACL rules. Have you tested whether the two PCs can PING each other? Please also try to disable/turn off the firewall/antivirus software on PCs and try again.

We have guides to help you to build the multi networks:

How to Set Up VLAN Interface on the Omada Router

How to Set Up VLAN Interface on the Omada Router With Omada Switch

How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-04-03 17:03:26

Thanks  @Hank21 

After messing with it for several days, it's wierd.  From linux clients, I can ping 10.0.0.10 from 10.0.1.50 - but not from Windows.  

Even after disabling all windows firewals, I can't RDP into machines on 10.0.1.x from 10.0.0.x

Also, and I don't know if this is related or not - but I've got my primary pc connected to port 11 on the ER8411 (b/c all other ports don't offer DHCP for some reason), getting ip address 192.168.10.101.  On this network connection, I can't RDP into any vlans (10.0.0.x or 10.0.1.x).  And if I change to a vlan port so I can RDP into the other machines, I lose connection to Omada Controller (running on this pc - Windows 10).

Does any of this have anything to do with this:

Or this "Management VLAN" setting in interface>edit?

Options
2024-04-07 02:22:17

Hi @ecovalence 

We can confirm the VLAN interface on the gateway will not block the communication between different VLANs. You can try to PING the gateway IP address from different VLANs. For some PCs, the firewall on them might block the traffic from other VLANs.

And may I confirm that you have created a third VLAN? Could you share the whole page of your VLAN interface setting and the page of editing the VLAN? The screenshots you sent only contain the VLAN profile on switch. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options