Help in adopting Omada Setup

2024-04-02 07:16:03 - last edited 2024-04-02 07:17:20
Model: OC200   ER605 (TL-R605)   TL-SG3428X  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi to all the community,
i'm pretty new to Omada stuff and i find it very interesting, so i'm hoping someone in the community can help me in the first setup of my little hotel net.

I initially bought an er605 (router) and 4 SG3428X switches (L3/L2+) and arranged a multi-net / multi-vlan setup following this FAQ TP-LINK FAQ 887

All is working pretty fine and i started thinking at the ACL rules to prevent Intervlan traffic, once i decided to upgrade everything to Omada Controller.
So i bought an OC200 and now i'm trying to adopt all my stuff via the OC200 and to reply the same configuration of the FAQ 887 via the Omada unified interface.

Someone could help me at this point?

I have 6 VLAN:
VLAN ID 4 (STAFF) - No dhcp needed
VLAN ID 2 (VOIP) - No dhcp needed
VLAN ID 5 (CAMERAS) - No dhcp needed

VLAN ID 100 (GUEST WLAN VIA OMADA CAPTIVE PORTAL) - dhcp needed

VLAN ID 150 (GUEST LAN) - dhcp needed

VLAN ID 200 (SMART-TV) - dhcp needed

I found this TP-LINK FAQ 3091 and this community story STORIES 1824, so basically seems that i have to setup:
- some extra WIRED NETWORK > LAN NETWORK. I have to create an interface for every VLAN in my neet (similar to STEP 3 of the TP-LINK FAQ 887)
- In the same WIRED NETWORK > LAN NETWORK I then have to turn on DHCP server for VLAN 100, 150, 200 (similar to STEP 5 of the TP-LINK FAQ 887)
- Then i have to move to Settings > Wired Networks > Profiles and apply the correct VLAN profile to every switch ports (paying attention at the trunk port of every switches) (SIMILAR TO STEP 2 of the TP-LINK FAQ 887)

But what about the STEP 1 of the old FAQ?

How can i setup on the router ER605 the MULTI-NET NATS parameters and the static route to the "MASTER SWITCH" (the one acting as DHCP server) ?

And what abount the STEP 4 of the old FAQ?
How can i setup on the Switches the default route to the ER605 router?

Thanks in advance for your help! Next questions would be regarding ACL Stuff (which honestly i find very confusing)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help in adopting Omada Setup
2024-04-03 09:51:42

Skumpic wrote

Hi to all the community,
i'm pretty new to Omada stuff and i find it very interesting, so i'm hoping someone in the community can help me in the first setup of my little hotel net.

I initially bought an er605 (router) and 4 SG3428X switches (L3/L2+) and arranged a multi-net / multi-vlan setup following this FAQ TP-LINK FAQ 887

All is working pretty fine and i started thinking at the ACL rules to prevent Intervlan traffic, once i decided to upgrade everything to Omada Controller.
So i bought an OC200 and now i'm trying to adopt all my stuff via the OC200 and to reply the same configuration of the FAQ 887 via the Omada unified interface.

Someone could help me at this point?

I have 6 VLAN:
VLAN ID 4 (STAFF) - No dhcp needed
VLAN ID 2 (VOIP) - No dhcp needed
VLAN ID 5 (CAMERAS) - No dhcp needed

VLAN ID 100 (GUEST WLAN VIA OMADA CAPTIVE PORTAL) - dhcp needed

VLAN ID 150 (GUEST LAN) - dhcp needed

VLAN ID 200 (SMART-TV) - dhcp needed

I found this TP-LINK FAQ 3091 and this community story STORIES 1824, so basically seems that i have to setup:
- some extra WIRED NETWORK > LAN NETWORK. I have to create an interface for every VLAN in my neet (similar to STEP 3 of the TP-LINK FAQ 887)
- In the same WIRED NETWORK > LAN NETWORK I then have to turn on DHCP server for VLAN 100, 150, 200 (similar to STEP 5 of the TP-LINK FAQ 887)
- Then i have to move to Settings > Wired Networks > Profiles and apply the correct VLAN profile to every switch ports (paying attention at the trunk port of every switches) (SIMILAR TO STEP 2 of the TP-LINK FAQ 887)

But what about the STEP 1 of the old FAQ?

How can i setup on the router ER605 the MULTI-NET NATS parameters and the static route to the "MASTER SWITCH" (the one acting as DHCP server) ?

And what abount the STEP 4 of the old FAQ?
How can i setup on the Switches the default route to the ER605 router?

Thanks in advance for your help! Next questions would be regarding ACL Stuff (which honestly i find very confusing)

Hi @Skumpic 

Have you read the community knowledge and the FAQ to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs in controller?

The detail steps might differ due to the firmware update. But we may suggest you refer to the links and learn how to set up the configuration in the controller first.

Please inform here if you are stuck at any steps or encounter any issue.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 87

Replies: 1

Related Articles