Does MR400 work with ER605 on one of the WAN ports as Backup

2024-04-02 15:20:29 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Dear Support,

I am on the search for the go-to LTE Backup which is NOT a stick on the USB port because 
I want to extend the bandwidth by an external antenna for 4G/4G+ NOT 5G.

I have a MR600 here which is working fine but does not have an option to work in bridge mode or some call it pure mode.

Therefore I have searched the net for an alternative. Now, I found some review of a MR400 which is capabable to do so.

As I am not a friend of Huawei XYZ and other no-names, I have searched hi and low for an alternative, but no luck.

Setup of ER605 is simple:

2 x ISP with fiber 1 GBit. One backs up the other. As there is no meter on the connections and an all-in price, I don't care about which connection is slightly better than the other.

But I need (or I want) is a proper backup by 4G(+) like I have on the MR600 with a data SIM by one of the typical providers in this region.

I have very good results on the MR600 without any doubt, but the ER605 dooes not accept it.

In short: My question is wether I should buy a MR400 to achieve my goal?

Best regards

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Does MR400 work with ER605 on one of the WAN ports as Backup-Solution
2024-04-03 03:48:41 - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi @Nemoadest 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I think MR600 should do it.

Here, try to change the LAN IP of the MR600 to a different subnet and check if you can get a link working well.

Defaultly, they are on 192.168.0.1/24, I suppose. There should also be zero compatibility issues between them.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Does MR400 work with ER605 on one of the WAN ports as Backup-Solution
2024-04-03 03:48:41 - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi @Nemoadest 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I think MR600 should do it.

Here, try to change the LAN IP of the MR600 to a different subnet and check if you can get a link working well.

Defaultly, they are on 192.168.0.1/24, I suppose. There should also be zero compatibility issues between them.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Does MR400 work with ER605 on one of the WAN ports as Backup
2024-04-03 09:50:07 - last edited 2024-04-03 09:50:35

Hi Clive,

I have read your answer and would like to know 2 more things on the same topic:

- Which subnet is appropriate? 192.168. X. 1 where X can be [1,2,3,4,5,6,...] or does it have more rules.
I thought the routers addresses cannot be over 4th subnet? Or is five still fine?

- Which port of the MR600 should be connected via ethernet to the ER605 WAN/LAN2? MR600 WAN / LAN or simply one of the LAN ones?

- How should be the MR600 configured regarding the backup? Its own backup setting in the admin software or simply as access point, or other?

Best regards

Nemoadest

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 110

Replies: 2

Related Articles