Binding WAN1 to a certain WLAN and WAN2 to a different WLAN?

2024-04-02 17:32:28
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20230901 Rel.55651

Hi - What I'd like to do is create a WLAN, name the SSID "Xfinity Wifi", and bind it to WAN2 only (Xfinity ISP). Is this possible? For additional details about my setup, please see the following.

I currently have CenturyLink as my primary ISP connected to WAN1. I have Xfinity as my backup ISP connected to WAN2.

Currently I have two (2) WLANs (no VLANs): WLAN1 = trusted devices on one SSID, and WLAN2 = untrusted devices with Guest Network tag selected at the controller.

What I'd like to do is create a third WLAN and call it "Xfinity Wifi" bind it to WAN2 only (Xfinity ISP). Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks in advance!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Binding WAN1 to a certain WLAN and WAN2 to a different WLAN?
2024-04-03 10:24:50

Brisket42 wrote

Hi - What I'd like to do is create a WLAN, name the SSID "Xfinity Wifi", and bind it to WAN2 only (Xfinity ISP). Is this possible? For additional details about my setup, please see the following.

I currently have CenturyLink as my primary ISP connected to WAN1. I have Xfinity as my backup ISP connected to WAN2.

Currently I have two (2) WLANs (no VLANs): WLAN1 = trusted devices on one SSID, and WLAN2 = untrusted devices with Guest Network tag selected at the controller.

What I'd like to do is create a third WLAN and call it "Xfinity Wifi" bind it to WAN2 only (Xfinity ISP). Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks in advance!

Hi @Brisket42 

You may need to configure the policy routing rules to have different networks to bind the relevant WAN. However, currently the policy routing can only be applied to the Network/IP Group/IP Port Group but not for the WLAN. To bind the different WAN, you need to have different VLANs for WLANs so that you can have the policy routing binds the VLAN network.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-04-03 14:22:22

@Hank21 Thanks! I think I accomplished this for the most part. Now my only problem is that I had to disable "link backup" because when I have it enabled, my policy routed traffic still goes through the primary WAN. But when I disable the link backup, it goes through the backup WAN as expected. Do you have any suggestions as to how to enable link backup and maintain the desired configuration? The desired configuration is the apple TV devices -> VLAN 20 -> Policy Routed -> Backup WAN only, everything else -> WAN1 (primary)?

Options
2024-04-07 01:13:34

Brisket42 wrote

@Hank21 Thanks! I think I accomplished this for the most part. Now my only problem is that I had to disable "link backup" because when I have it enabled, my policy routed traffic still goes through the primary WAN. But when I disable the link backup, it goes through the backup WAN as expected. Do you have any suggestions as to how to enable link backup and maintain the desired configuration? The desired configuration is the apple TV devices -> VLAN 20 -> Policy Routed -> Backup WAN only, everything else -> WAN1 (primary)?

Hi @Brisket42 

You cannot set up the link back up if you would like both WANs to work at the same time. Please try to have 2 policy routing rules, which is VLAN 20 to backup WAN, and the other network to primary WAN will be fine.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options