EAP 225 Outdoor PoE injector Green Blinking LED

2024-04-05 16:08:06
Tags: #EAP225-Outdoor
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

The PoE injector's green light turns off when inserting the EAP225-Outdoor's Ethernet cable into the PoE port on the injector. Additionally, if you put your ear close to the injector, you'll hear soft clicking. If you unplug the EAP225's Ethernet cable, it returns to normal—the clicking stops, and the green light turns back on. The equipment is brand new, bought from Amazon Canada.

Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP 225 Outdoor PoE injector Green Blinking LED
2024-04-05 17:04:36

@robbyfred 

Have you tried a different cable?  Sounds like some pins are shorted, either on the cable, or inside the injector or AP sockets.

Do you have a POE switch or different POE injector you can test with?

The EAP225 should come with a small white passive 24V POE injector (verify the label), but the AP itself can be powered by 48V POE/POE+.  It cannot be powered by 48V passive injectors...these typically cause the magic smoke to be released from within.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2024-04-07 01:45:17 - last edited 2024-04-07 02:28:50

@d0ugmac1 Yes, I actually have a PoE switch (TL-SG100SP) that I tried first. That's when the problem started. I started by trying to connect the EAP225-Outdoor through my PoE switch, but that's when things got weird. The green light on the Ethernet port kept blinking nonstop. I figured it might be a compatibility issue, so I switched to the original PoE injector that came with the EAP225, but unfortunately, it still wouldn't power on.

Interestingly, when I plugged my other EAP225-Outdoor V3 directly into its original PoE injector, it worked flawlessly. Now I'm a bit hesitant to use the PoE switch again, and it's brand new. Any ideas what might be causing the issue?

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Options
2024-04-07 06:40:44

robbyfred wrote

@d0ugmac1 Yes, I actually have a PoE switch (TL-SG100SP) that I tried first. That's when the problem started. I started by trying to connect the EAP225-Outdoor through my PoE switch, but that's when things got weird. The green light on the Ethernet port kept blinking nonstop. I figured it might be a compatibility issue, so I switched to the original PoE injector that came with the EAP225, but unfortunately, it still wouldn't power on.

Interestingly, when I plugged my other EAP225-Outdoor V3 directly into its original PoE injector, it worked flawlessly. Now I'm a bit hesitant to use the PoE switch again, and it's brand new. Any ideas what might be causing the issue?

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Hi @robbyfred 

What about the LED on this EAP225-Outdoor, is there any chance for it will be powered on? If yes, please try to reset the EAP and try again. Generally when the non-PoE device is connecting to the PoE port will cause the beep from injector.

However, if you tried different Ethernet cables but still cannot power on it, please consider returning it and/or get the replacement within the return window.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-04-07 11:52:31

Rapid green blinking is not a standard SYS LED pattern for the EAP225outdoor.  That coupled with nothing happening when on the supplied 24V injector makes me think faulty hardware,  and a replacement should be arranged.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 610

Replies: 4

Tags

EAP225-Outdoor
Related Articles