EAP225 V3 Outdoor Crashing

3 weeks ago
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.1.1
Hello,

I just installed an EAP225 Outdoor and had the misfortune of seeing the device stop working after less than 24 hours of use. It is necessary to remove it from the socket and replace it to start working again. It is common? What should I do to prevent this freezing from happening again?

My infra is as follows:

I have a Mikrotik RB4011, connected to an Omada Controller and just an EAP225 Outdoor for now.
Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP225 V3 Outdoor Crashing
3 weeks ago

@ICB 

Plug the AP directly into the router, not via the controller (assuming you have a hardware controller).

Ensure that your controller's management VLAN is a member of and untagged on the AP port, and as well all SSID VLANs should be present on the AP port and tagged.

I recommend fixing/reserving the IP address of the controller and assigning it via DHCP.

Did you change the default management LAN from 192.168.0.0/24 ?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2 weeks ago
Hello, d0ugmac1Nv5! I have an RB4011 with Vlan for the administrative network and Vlan for the public network. The Vlans are distributed without Easy Smart 1024DE Gigabit Switch. The AP is not connected directly to the controller, it is connected to the Switch and receives a VLAN on the Switch port. A Vlan is not configured without an AP view and will receive information on the Switch port. The Lan of the controller and the AP are permanently set to factory settings, via DHCP. The latest firmware update was recently released, but the note that a speech is installed is then normalized into a speech the moment the AP is used. The equipment is still under observation and operation. At the moment, the problem cannot be seen now.
Options
Monday

The problem actually persists, the router appears to be unable to support around 50 connections and simply shuts down. Bad time to change brands, I was using the Ubiquiti Nano Loco M2 and it worked, it never crashed. I do not know what else to do. Should I claim the warranty?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 118

Replies: 3

Related Articles