Very slow 2.4 Ghz

Very slow 2.4 Ghz

Very slow 2.4 Ghz
Very slow 2.4 Ghz
3 weeks ago
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.1.1 Build 20230921 Rel. 63318(4555)

Hello,

Yesterday, I purchased an EAP225-Outdoor V3. We installed the equipment at a height of approximately 6 meters above the ground. The device is mounted on the corner of a building using a corner bracket. Unfortunately, I am experiencing issues with the speed, particularly with the 2.4GHz band, which fluctuates between 1.5 Mbps and a maximum of 10 Mbps. This is problematic as I intended to use it primarily for connecting cameras via Wi-Fi, but currently, I am unable to do anything. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice on what might be wrong.

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Very slow 2.4 Ghz
3 weeks ago

@grim_reaper 

The usual culprit is that the airwaves are already jammed with lots of other uses of the 2.4G band.  One way to verify this is to compare 5G speeds to 2G, if the 5G is consistently a lot more, then you probably have congestion in the 2.4G band...which typically you can do very little about.  If they are similar in performance, then the issue is upstream...bad cable/bad connector....packet loss, port set to 10M or 100M instead of 1G that sort of thing.

Lastly, and I tell this to everyone that doesn't live on their own private island, had code your 2.4G channels to 20MHz, this maximizes your chances of drowning out competing APs, while at the same time limiting the number of foreign APs that can interfere with you.  I also recommend you try to stick to channels 1, 6 and 11 (being aware of which channels have the strongest interference at each AP...and picking the one with the least amount of competition).

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
3 weeks ago

@d0ugmac1 

If it were as you say, then when connecting using my router instead of an AP, the speed should be the same, but it isn't. As for the cable, packet loss, and similar issues, they have all been checked and ruled out. I've done some searching on the internet and a large number of people seem to have the same problem, and in most cases, the only solution is to replace the equipment with new ones. The question is, why is this happening? I'll add that two days ago, I tested a different AP and the 2.4 GHz worked perfectly, but unfortunately, the PoE was limited to 100 Mbps.

Options
3 weeks ago

@grim_reaper 

Ok, so to summarize:

-unplugging the AP and plugging the cable into your laptop results in full speed

-plugging a different AP into the same cable works as expected

-no difference between the supplied 24V passive injector vs POE switch (even if it is only 100M capable)

When on a wirelessly connected laptop, a long term (30min+) continuous ping shows no lost packets and consistent delay? 

(Windows cmd would be ping -t IP.OF.YOUR.ROUTER ). After 30min hit Ctrl-C and then review the summary stats.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 127

Replies: 3

Related Articles