AX55 EasyMesh Fixed IP

AX55 EasyMesh Fixed IP

AX55 EasyMesh Fixed IP
AX55 EasyMesh Fixed IP
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20240129 rel.57815(4555)

Hi,

Updated two AX55 V1 routers with (TW/EU/US) firmware 1.3.1 Build 20240129 rel.57815(4555).

Main Router#1 was on 192.168.0.251 in access point mode, and then activated EasyMesh - worked fine - still on 192.168.0.251.

Factory reset of router#2 (was on 192.168.252) to act as Satellite and added it to the mesh. Rebooted Satellite and Ethernet BackHaul was active seen on the Main Router.

But how do I change the Static LAN IP of the Satellite Router away from 192.168.0.2. This IP address conflicts with existing fixed IP adresses on my network.

I know I could re-arrange my entire LAN IP scope but I kind of think that TP-Link should NOT dictate which IP address should go where on my LAN.

2nd question: If my device (currently on 192.168.0.2) would have been active at the time of factory resetting of the Satellite Router - would that caused the Satellite Router to get another LAN IP Address?

Please advise!

zEnterHacker

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX55 EasyMesh Fixed IP -Solution

@zEnterHacker 

Forget it!

The LAN address of the satellite can be controlled by making a STATIC MAC Address Pair in the DHCP server of my main Firewall.

I'm using Access Point Mode on Main Router and not using the local AX55 DHCP server.

Thanks for reading :-)

zEnterHacker 

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:AX55 EasyMesh Fixed IP -Solution

@zEnterHacker 

Forget it!

The LAN address of the satellite can be controlled by making a STATIC MAC Address Pair in the DHCP server of my main Firewall.

I'm using Access Point Mode on Main Router and not using the local AX55 DHCP server.

Thanks for reading :-)

zEnterHacker 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:AX55 EasyMesh Fixed IP
3 weeks ago

@zEnterHacker 

DHCP address reservation is a good way to fix a clienmt IP address by tis MAC address and perferct workaround in your case.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
3 weeks ago

@zEnterHacker 

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that you've solved the problem.

Alternatively, the 1.3.1 firmware of AX55 V1 has supported managing satellite router, so you could also use the satellite router IP address to login the satellite device web interface to see if there is an option to set a static IP address for it directly.

Options

@Sunshine 

Well if that was the case - then I would certainly have found it :-)

The ability to manually set the IP Address via WEB GUI disappears of as soon as the router is set into Satellite mode.

There is also no way for that using the WEB GUI on the Main Router - so IMHO Static DHCP is the only way.

zEnterHacker

Options
3 weeks ago

@zEnterHacker 

Thanks for the feedback, we will record it and report to the related department to evaluate adding it on the satellite router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 198

Replies: 5

Related Articles