No internet on some users

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 Build 20231114 Rel.36220

Hi Folks

I'm having a recurring and somewhat frustrating issue. 

I have an office network with wired and wireless devices (connected via 3x EAP620). On average there is about 145 connected clients. 

Lately, staff who come in later in the morning cannot get access to the internet, they find the network but cannot get online. Checking their IPConfig I can see that they are not being issued IP address or Gateways. Even users who were in the office the day before and being denied access. I suspect that my DHCP is full.

How can I release IP's on dormant devices with rebooting the router?

Or is their something else going on?

Cheers for your assistance

P

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No internet on some users-Solution

Hi @Paul_FM 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Change the subnet to allow more valid IPs.

If you have trouble with the subnet, please search the subnet calculator. This 255.255.255.0 equals CIDR /24. After you change the subnet, make sure you set the Starting IP Address and Ending IP Address to allow more IPs available based on the calculator.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:No internet on some users-Solution

Hi @Paul_FM 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Change the subnet to allow more valid IPs.

If you have trouble with the subnet, please search the subnet calculator. This 255.255.255.0 equals CIDR /24. After you change the subnet, make sure you set the Starting IP Address and Ending IP Address to allow more IPs available based on the calculator.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:No internet on some users
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

Thanks for taking the time for a detailed reply. My subnet is currently 225.225.225.0 

However I noticed that the range was configured to run from 1.100 -> 1.254 limiting me to 154 - I've widened this to 1.1 -> 1.254 which should give me some wriggle room. 

I may need to look a adding additional LANs for a longer term solution.

Cheers

P

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 116

Replies: 2

Related Articles