WiFi6 Router to Nano 1 issues

2024-04-14 07:18:39 - last edited 2024-04-17 01:28:38
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

I have had Starlink installed and whilst I can get the new tp-link Archer AX73 working, I can't get the old nano station setup working from it.

The original topography which is still working until our contract runs out with our IP provider is:

internet provider -> provider supplied modem -> Ethernet CAT6 to Ubiquiti Nanostation 1 -> Ubiquiti Nanostation 2 -> ethernet CAT6 -> TP-Link TL-WA1201 AC1200 Wireless Access Point wifi router

The new topography is:

Starlink router (in bypass mode) -> Starlink ethernet adaptor -> ethernet CAT6 -> tp-link Archer AX73 -> ethernet CAT6 -> ethernet PoE adaptor -> ethernet CAT6 -> Ubiquiti Nanostation 1 -> Ubiquiti Nanostation 2 -> ethernet CAT6 -> TP-Link TL-WA1201 AC1200 Wireless Access Point wifi router

I have been unable to find any info on how to "re-pair" the new tp-link Archer AX73 to the Nano 1. The Nano 1 is receiving power from the ethernet PoE adaptor but is flashing blue, not solid blue.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to find instructions or tell me what I need to do to get this happening.

Many thanks in advance
Linda

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:WiFi6 Router to Nano 1 issues-Solution
2024-04-17 01:26:55 - last edited 2024-04-17 01:29:12

@terziyski I finally got there...with a very heavy work schedule I had to just try and do this in minutes here and there. After unsuccessfully sourcing an IT Tech to come and do the job for me, I tried swapping the PoE units around placing the original Ubuiquiti PoE switch in between the router (instead of the tp-link one) and the first nanostation...problem solved—solid blue light and I didn't even need to restart the hardware. Thanks so much for trying to guide me. Your support helped me stay calm and therefore much more able to problem solve. I'm so relievedd the nanostations don't need reconfiguring
blush

My grandson is also very grateful b/c it means he doesn't have to go under the house again. laugh

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:WiFi6 Router to Nano 1 issues
2024-04-14 15:46:00

@LindaTee 

Your topology is pretty much the same as before - you just replaces the old ISP modem with the new Archer AX73, correct ?

I would reset the Ubiquiti Nanostation devices and re-configure them from scratch within this new environment.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-04-14 19:22:43 - last edited 2024-04-14 19:23:53

Thanks terziyski. The tech who installed the original setup advised it should be just plug and play so I was thinking it was more likely something I had to do at the WiFi6 router to talk to the first nanostation rather than pair the two nanostations again.

Options
2024-04-14 19:37:34 - last edited 2024-04-14 20:24:05

@LindaTee 

Nano stations receive their IP addresses according to the main router in your environment (old ISP modem or new Archer AX73).

If they use different IP subnets or any router specific configuration you may have to re-pair the Nano stations.

The other reason for this kind of issue could be the ethernet cable connection between AX73 and Nano 1 - try another cable.

In any case, Nano 1 should have some kind of a management interface that shows if it has internet access or connectivity status  ( airOS UI ) - can you check that ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:WiFi6 Router to Nano 1 issues-Solution
2024-04-17 01:26:55 - last edited 2024-04-17 01:29:12

@terziyski I finally got there...with a very heavy work schedule I had to just try and do this in minutes here and there. After unsuccessfully sourcing an IT Tech to come and do the job for me, I tried swapping the PoE units around placing the original Ubuiquiti PoE switch in between the router (instead of the tp-link one) and the first nanostation...problem solved—solid blue light and I didn't even need to restart the hardware. Thanks so much for trying to guide me. Your support helped me stay calm and therefore much more able to problem solve. I'm so relievedd the nanostations don't need reconfiguring
blush

My grandson is also very grateful b/c it means he doesn't have to go under the house again. laugh

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-04-17 01:55:31

@LindaTee 

Well done, you saved some extra work with this approach.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 235

Replies: 5

Related Articles