Omada via Pharos link

Omada via Pharos link
Omada via Pharos link
2024-04-15 14:07:56
Model: EAP225-Outdoor   CPE510   OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi
I'm building a wifi network for a web tv sport event service using OC200, n.1 EAP650-outdoor (wired), n.3/4 EAP610-outdoor (wired), N. 4 or more EAP225-outdoor (wireless) barrery powered (using POE UPS).

On different location I need to connect AP far and I tought to create a link using Pharos CPE210/510 to connect remote EAP225-outdoor.

Eg:

- wired CPE510 on main LAN

- remote CPE510 connected by a mini switch (USB-C powered) to the EAP225-outdoor (all battery powered)

Is OC200 capable to connect the remote EAP225-outdoor using the CPE510 link?

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada via Pharos link
2024-04-16 08:35:34

AAS2online wrote

Hi
I'm building a wifi network for a web tv sport event service using OC200, n.1 EAP650-outdoor (wired), n.3/4 EAP610-outdoor (wired), N. 4 or more EAP225-outdoor (wireless) barrery powered (using POE UPS).

On different location I need to connect AP far and I tought to create a link using Pharos CPE210/510 to connect remote EAP225-outdoor.

Eg:

- wired CPE510 on main LAN

- remote CPE510 connected by a mini switch (USB-C powered) to the EAP225-outdoor (all battery powered)

Is OC200 capable to connect the remote EAP225-outdoor using the CPE510 link?

Thanks

Hi @AAS2online 

Once you are able to install the point to point connection, sure the EAP connects to the remote CPE can be managed by the OC200 on the main network. For your information, the EAP that connects to the remote CPE will still get the IP address from the from router/DHCP server. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-04-16 09:41:36

@Hank21 

Thank you

The IP pool is divided in zones (same as race tracks) and each zone has AP, repeaters or video capture devices (mobile phones) with network connection manually configured

So each EAP uses the same IP class of all other devices in this manner OC200 can reach all devices

More details:

All devices, LAN and WLAN connected, have static IPs 192.168.0.x/24

The wifi network is controlled by OC200 (wired in a LAN located in direction area) and has 2 radio profiles : 2.4ghz and 5ghz for cameras and 2.4ghz and 5ghz for smart TV

Close to the direction area there are wired EAP650-outdoor as root, 2/3 wired EAP610-outdoor (80mt poe/lan cables) forming the basic WLAN infrastructure

Satellite zones are wirelessly connected and battery powered using POE ups (EAP225-outdoor)

Video capture is granted by mobile devices with a specific app which send streams by SRT protocol to the direction servers

It is possible to use RTMP for drones thanks to a specific wired server (feature not yet tested but present)

Race tracks are rings mainly in hilly and forest areas of about 4 to 5km

Video will be granted in some parts using WLAN and in critical setup conditions using drones, long range connections (CPE210-510-710) or, in future, mobile Internet connection to the direction area (

The target of this project is to make a live service for sport events using different technologies than which used till now: professional broadcast televisions equipements with inaccessible costs for smaller events.

I read a tech news of EAP211/EAP215 bridge. Which advantages than using CPE?

Options
2024-04-16 20:52:32

@AAS2online 

The 215Bridge is part of the Omada family so you can manage and get status via the same OMada controller for the 610's and 225's.  Single pane of glass is nice if you can get a pair.  Functionally, I doubt there will be much difference, though I forget whether the 215BRG is more like the CPE510 or CPE710 which have different beam widths and thus different distance performances.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2024-04-17 07:25:09

@d0ugmac1 

Ok thanks

I've more than one CPE (710,510 and 210).

I will start using them for my beginning tests but for sure I plan to buy an EAP215-Bridge pair because with Omada is user friendly to have all the network in a glance

Let you update on evolution and when possible a link to youtube to follow a replay or live of a demo event

Next june 27th we plan an official demo to event organizers, racing teams and big sponsors and interested companies to show the progress of this project and collect advices and suggestions on how to evolve the use

The official launch in fall 2024

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 379

Replies: 4

Related Articles