3rd & 4th VLANs not working always getting IP conflict despite assigning new IP ranges

3rd & 4th VLANs not working always getting IP conflict despite assigning new IP ranges

2 weeks ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20231207 Rel.61384

Why I'm getting IP conflicts when configuring my 3rd vlans on my ER605V1?

assigned VLAN 2 in lan port 4 with IP address 192.168.20.x and it's working fine.

assigned VLAN 3 in lan port 3 with IP address 192.168.30.x (dhcp range starts 192.168.30.3 and I'm getting IP conflicts with 3 devices getting 30.3.

replaced it with VLAN 4 with IP address 192.168.40.x (dhcp reange starts 40.1 and i'm getting IP conflicts with devices getting 40.1

same when i tried with VLAN 5 with 50.x 

is this a hardware issue?

Options
4 Reply
Re:3rd & 4th VLANs not working always getting IP conflict despite assigning new IP ranges
2 weeks ago

Hi @dickyam 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I don't think this is a hardware issue at all.

You should re-examine your network setup. Or if you hope the community to help, be specific and post your config.

Please think in others' shoes that we don't know what else you have configured on your router.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:3rd & 4th VLANs not working always getting IP conflict despite assigning new IP ranges
2 weeks ago

Hi  @Clive_A ,

Does it mean I am in the wrong forum?

Yes i need the community to help and i believe I already posted everything I know about the router. 

No other setup is made and no other IPs except when assigning vlans which are already mentioned in my post as much as possible,

Is there anything else I need to include for someone to understand and help me with my issue?

I will try to replicate the setup in my new ER605V2 (which I just recently purchased). Will updat the post if I will have similar issues or if it's successful for me to know if the issue is with the V1 only.

Thanks

Options
a week ago

Hi @dickyam 
Thanks for posting in our business forum.

dickyam wrote

Hi  @Clive_A ,

Does it mean I am in the wrong forum?

Yes i need the community to help and i believe I already posted everything I know about the router. 

No other setup is made and no other IPs except when assigning vlans which are already mentioned in my post as much as possible,

Is there anything else I need to include for someone to understand and help me with my issue?

I will try to replicate the setup in my new ER605V2 (which I just recently purchased). Will updat the post if I will have similar issues or if it's successful for me to know if the issue is with the V1 only.

Thanks

You should post at least your config and overview of the LAN settings for others.

I haven't ever encountered this issue since the Omada router supports a VLAN interface.

This does not give me a straightforward picture of your issue described.

If you really don't know what should do, just reboot it and check if it can work properly. If it does not, reset it and start over with your described config and see if there is any issue.

Think about this in others' shoes. Don't take the community for granted. If you want a definite and guaranteed answer, you probably should contact technical support to describe your issue over the phone line or with the pictures in the live chat. So at least people can confirm your issue or find out what is wrong. These plain words mean nothing to me or the test teams.

The better you show you the details and config with screenshots, the better attention you can get from us. Just a single line of description means little not to mention most people on the forums lack skills and knowledge and we continued to produce the articles aiming to improve people's skills.

If you have time, take a second to read the guidelines and the proper way to troubleshoot:

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
a week ago

@Clive_A noted on that. 
I already deleted the conflicting VLANs and only retain 2 vlans (default VLAN 1 & VLAN2 which is working). I can't recreate to take screenshots as the system is already in production. 

Anyway, I wll just test it using ER605V2 and then capture screenshots if still encountering same issues to post it here.

Thanks for the replies.

Options