ER605 adding clients to IP GROUP

2024-04-29 20:49:33 - last edited 2024-05-06 12:18:56
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Have tried all avenues and resorting to asking here.

New to the ER605.

I want to block access to the WAN port for all new clients.

Once I have reserved the IP address, I wish to add to one of two IP Groups - One unrestricted, one restricted, using web filters

I cannot figure out how to add a client IP address to an IP group. I must be missing something simple...

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 adding clients to IP GROUP-Solution
2024-04-30 01:26:57 - last edited 2024-05-06 12:18:56

Hi @cmfield 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

To block the web GUI of the router, you should block the port 80 and 443 from the clients. Not just the IP address, it should work with the port.

Standalone:

Controller:

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 adding clients to IP GROUP-Solution
2024-04-30 01:26:57 - last edited 2024-05-06 12:18:56

Hi @cmfield 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

To block the web GUI of the router, you should block the port 80 and 443 from the clients. Not just the IP address, it should work with the port.

Standalone:

Controller:

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER605 adding clients to IP GROUP
2024-04-30 15:25:00

@Clive_A 

Thanks, I get that, but how do I add a newly connected client to an IP group?

A client connects, and I reserve thier IP address. I then want to add them to one of two IP Groups, with different permissions for internet access.

I can set the IP groups etc, but I don't see the point in having IP ranges for them unless I can issue a static lease to a different range (Gp1: 192.168.0.100-199 or Gp2: 192.168.0.200-250 for example).

Gp1 to have full internet access, and Gp2 to have restricted (by URL etc) access. All from the same AP on the WAN port. Or is this not possible without a second AP?

Options
Re:ER605 adding clients to IP GROUP
2024-05-06 12:18:47

Hi  @cmfield 

cmfield wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks, I get that, but how do I add a newly connected client to an IP group?

A client connects, and I reserve thier IP address. I then want to add them to one of two IP Groups, with different permissions for internet access.

I can set the IP groups etc, but I don't see the point in having IP ranges for them unless I can issue a static lease to a different range (Gp1: 192.168.0.100-199 or Gp2: 192.168.0.200-250 for example).

Gp1 to have full internet access, and Gp2 to have restricted (by URL etc) access. All from the same AP on the WAN port. Or is this not possible without a second AP?

This is gonna be manual. There is no automation for that.

Options