Switch PoE powered for EAP225-Outdoor v1

Switch PoE powered for EAP225-Outdoor v1

14 Reply
Re:Switch PoE powered for EAP225-Outdoor v1
2024-05-25 16:50:32

@d0ugmac1 

Thank you, but nothing happens moving the dumb switch and rebooting the Omada Switch

Options
2024-05-25 17:24:56

@brambil 

Does the camera get the same ip or range of ips before, or does it get nothing with switch flipped?

If the latter, then you need to define matching VLANs in Omada to what the switch is assigning.  My assumption here is that the switch is tagging each port with a unique VLAN ID  ie 1 2 3, but a Wireshark capture off the uplinked traffic would confirm definitively.  Use a dumb/unmanaged switch to allow you to breakout the uplink port to sniff packets with.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2024-05-28 08:32:33
The cam still receives the IP from the management (no VLAN), like VLAN are assigned before check DHCP assignments. Thanks, I will try with WireShark.
Options
2024-06-04 10:29:12

I know it's offtopic from the original question, but I share my solution because maybe someone else has the same trouble.

SOLVED (I think)

Using an Omada switch such the Omada SG2005P-PD is easier because you can see the device and manage it using the controller, but it's possible also using a stupid unmanaged switch like this one.

SCENARIO:

You need to attach to same port an Omada Devices (such as an AP) and another device not of Omada "system" (such as an IP Cam).

1. Connect both devices directly to the switch and register them in Omada, configuring DHCP, assign IP and VLAN using MacAddress. Insert the the Omada Device in the Omada "world"(Provisioning of Omada Devices)..

2. Leave the umanaged switch with the switch off.

3. Configure a port Profile (Settings -> Wired Networks -> LAN -> Profile) with untagged network assigned to VLAN of the client out of Omada system (in my case, a Surveillance CAM so the VLAN of Surveillance) and Tagged network to the base management VLAN.

4. Assign the profile to the port on the Switch (Devices -> Switch -> Port .....).

5. Go to Omada Device and configure it (Devices -> left click on your device -> Config -> Services -> Management VLAN and assign to the Management VLAN).

6. Disconnect devices from the Omada switch, go in place, connect them to "stupid switch" and wait.

The AP client firstly will get an IP from the Untagged network, then will be reassigned to the Managment VLAN. Unfortunately the Config trick to assign the VLAN and reassign the IP address seems works only if applied to an Omada Device.

I dindn't find witch VLANs are assigned using the deep switch on the stupid switch set to ON. Probably Omada overrides that config because the VLAN ids doesn't exists in my config, but honestly I didn't played a lot: in my scenario the switch is a quite inacessible location so is not a problem.

PROS: The switch costs 1/5 of the Omada.

CONS: If someone connect directly to the switch will be in a VLAN where he/she shouldn't be. No 3rd VLAN possible.

Options

Tags

PoE
Related Articles