login forwards to connectivitycheck (external captive portal login page) on home network

login forwards to connectivitycheck (external captive portal login page) on home network

2024-05-05 20:28:55
Model: EAP650-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20230421 Rel. 76150(5553)

This AP was working fine. I swapped out one modem for another, then returned the new modem and put the old modem back. The EAP650 was connected without issue previously and also worked on the new modem without issue. After swapping back to the old modem (no change in settings) it now forwards to connectivitycheck (external captive portal login page) any time a device connects to it. The Wireless/Portal settings are not and have never been configured. It appears from googling that the EAP650 might think it's not connected to the internet. But it is most definitely connected to my network and my network is connected to the internet. I can get to the menu by typing the IP address from my computer. I already tried resetting to factory defaults twice.

Client list shows 8 devices connected, but none of them work because the AP is sending them to a captive portal instead of letting them access the internet.

Options
1 Reply
Re:login forwards to connectivitycheck (external captive portal login page) on home network
2024-05-06 04:52:24

Figured it out. Comcast used the wrong MAC address to setup the modem. I told them there was "WAN MAC" and "HFC MAC" on the bottom and they asked me for the WAN MAC, which is wrong - they should have used the HFC MAC. Somehow it still worked with some devices while presenting the captive portal with others. Once they reconfigured with the correct MAC, all is well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 104

Replies: 1

Related Articles