How to choose controller application scenario?

2024-05-10 06:25:59
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How the WLAN controller application scenario effects the WLAN network control?

Additionally to my home, I'm maintaining two Omada WLAN installations:

• Shooting range, where 4x EAP225s are installed in underground tunnels.
    • All APs "hear" their neighbours and Mesh is enabled.
    • All APs are connected with wire, but in case cable connection from router is broken, WLAN service is not disturbed as Mesh kicks in
    • WLAN clients don't need heavy bandwidth and they move around AP's every hour or so.

• Animal shelter, where 1x EAP245 and 4x EAP115s are installed in 3 floors of building.
    • Building walls and floors are constructed from wood, but the building is full of metal cages, so reception conditions are somewhat tricky.
    • 2 of EAP115s are installed to walls on about 1m height from floor to direct their beam horizontally through building ground floor. I noticed this approach works best in some cages. Rest of APs are insatlled to ceilings.
    • Main purpose of WLAN network is to be able to use cameras in animal cages. Cameras are not permanently installed, as not all animals need to be monitored, but nurses need to be able to place camera to any cage, by only pulling the low-voltage power cable to cage.
    • WLAN clients need steady uplink stream as camera feed is beihg pushed to cloud.
    • WLAN clients don't usually move at all between APs.

I have now chosen just Office as application scenario for both of these. On shooting range, it works fine, but on animal shelter, sometimes I need to manually apply "reconnect client" to some WLAN clients as they have poor connection.

Does anyone have any idea, which application scenarios I should have chosen?

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to choose controller application scenario?
2024-05-11 05:59:49

KTuulos wrote

How the WLAN controller application scenario effects the WLAN network control?

Additionally to my home, I'm maintaining two Omada WLAN installations:

• Shooting range, where 4x EAP225s are installed in underground tunnels.
    • All APs "hear" their neighbours and Mesh is enabled.
    • All APs are connected with wire, but in case cable connection from router is broken, WLAN service is not disturbed as Mesh kicks in
    • WLAN clients don't need heavy bandwidth and they move around AP's every hour or so.

• Animal shelter, where 1x EAP245 and 4x EAP115s are installed in 3 floors of building.
    • Building walls and floors are constructed from wood, but the building is full of metal cages, so reception conditions are somewhat tricky.
    • 2 of EAP115s are installed to walls on about 1m height from floor to direct their beam horizontally through building ground floor. I noticed this approach works best in some cages. Rest of APs are insatlled to ceilings.
    • Main purpose of WLAN network is to be able to use cameras in animal cages. Cameras are not permanently installed, as not all animals need to be monitored, but nurses need to be able to place camera to any cage, by only pulling the low-voltage power cable to cage.
    • WLAN clients need steady uplink stream as camera feed is beihg pushed to cloud.
    • WLAN clients don't usually move at all between APs.

I have now chosen just Office as application scenario for both of these. On shooting range, it works fine, but on animal shelter, sometimes I need to manually apply "reconnect client" to some WLAN clients as they have poor connection.

Does anyone have any idea, which application scenarios I should have chosen?

Hi @KTuulos 

The different scenarios are for reference only, which will not affect the actual performance of your devices.

Wireless connections are vulnerable to environmental interference, which can lead to unstable connections or even the disappearance of the SSID. To enhance wifi performance, please try to utilize a Wi-Fi analyzer tool to pinpoint the least congested Wi-Fi channels in your vicinity and configure the access point to operate on those channels.

And leveraging the AI WLAN Optimization feature, the Omada controller can autonomously determine the optimal wireless configurations (such as channel, bandwidth, and power) for the access points. Please refer to this FAQ for more detailed instructions.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 229

Replies: 1

Related Articles