Block of 5 static IP's from my ISP
Block of 5 static IP's from my ISP
2024-05-15 21:25:24 - last edited 2024-05-16 01:16:12
Tags: #Omada setup
Model: OC200   TL-SX3008F   ER8411  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

Complete Noob so pease go easy on me. I recently purchased the oc200, TL-SX3008F and the ER8411. I have also ordered a block of static ip's from my isp. (at&t) I need to assign the server im going to be using one the static ip's from the isp. I can do the basic setup and adoption stuff, but I know that i will have a hard time with the ip assignments. Any direction or help would be super appreciated! I know I can follow along with guides on here but my understanding of networking terminology is lack and am afraid I will mess something up. If there is a wonder why i picked all this hardware it's because I plan to expand later. 

Thanks Ahead!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Block of 5 static IP's from my ISP -Solution
2024-05-16 01:16:08 - last edited 2024-05-16 01:16:12

Hi  @DavidB77 

You can use One-to-One NAT to apply that block of IPs to your servers.

See example:

How to configure One-to-One NAT on Safestream routers using the new GUI

The example link is for standalone mode, however it's basically the same thing for Controller mode. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Block of 5 static IP's from my ISP -Solution
2024-05-16 01:16:08 - last edited 2024-05-16 01:16:12

Hi  @DavidB77 

You can use One-to-One NAT to apply that block of IPs to your servers.

See example:

How to configure One-to-One NAT on Safestream routers using the new GUI

The example link is for standalone mode, however it's basically the same thing for Controller mode. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Block of 5 static IP's from my ISP
2024-05-16 12:07:55 - last edited 2024-05-16 12:11:49

@Fae 

So in the example post when the "WAN' port is mentioned, means the port of the "WAN" port of the TP-Link ER8411 VPN Router I'm using? (image from post referred to) Also, in the image where it shows " internet" this would be the modem from the ISP?

Where it shows "web server" means my own server? Do I need to Do anything with the TP Link TL-SX3008F switch I'm using as well?

Options
2024-05-17 00:13:46

Hi  @DavidB77 

So in the example post when the "WAN' port is mentioned, means the port of the "WAN" port of the TP-Link ER8411 VPN Router I'm using? (image from post referred to)

-Yes

Also, in the image where it shows " internet" this would be the modem from the ISP?

-Yes

Where it shows "web server" means my own server?

-Correct. Don't forget to give your own server static LAN IP. 

Do I need to Do anything with the TP Link TL-SX3008F switch I'm using as well?

-Controller will auto apply the network settings to the switch, to match your requirement. 

Options
2024-05-17 01:35:10

@Fae 

OK, 

with everything we have gone over so far I think I understand. 

only thing I really need to know now is with my left block of static ip's from my ISP will it be an issue if I assign one to my own server?

Options
2024-05-17 03:39:02

@DavidB77 

I don't think there will be any issue. Anyway if you need any further help, just feel free to let me know. 

One of the IPs will be used as WAN IP of the router, so all other devices in your network can use this IP to access Internet;

The other public IPs will be bind to your servers, so you can use them to access your server. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 209

Replies: 5

Tags

Omada setup
Related Articles