Archer C6 wifi 5 GHz slow speed issue

2024-05-15 22:30:03
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.2

I have a problem. By cable i have 600mbs download by 5ghz 200+-. Tested on different devicesmac, phones, consoles. Tried to turn off nat boost didn't help. Qos disabled. Check with analizer no interference. Firmware latest. By cable all ok by wifi trash. I didn't made any castom setup from the moment when i buy it. What information do you need to fix it? Because right it's looks like a waste of money(

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C6 wifi 5 GHz slow speed issue
2024-05-16 03:08:42 - last edited 2024-05-16 03:09:15

@SilverLira 

Hi, thanks for posting question on community.

Please connect your Macbook to the 5Ghz wifi band, check the speed (via speedtest.net) and link speed, then share the screenshots of the test results.

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Options
2024-05-16 08:18:13

@Marvin_S like this?

5ghz speedtest:

5ghz wifi test

connection data:

connection dsts

Options
2024-05-16 20:58:01 - last edited 2024-05-16 21:02:53

@SilverLira 

Hi just a word of warning and heads up

On the speed test  app there is a option to change the server, 

Try changing the server that pings up in your search bar. 

As you can see in my picture there is quite a few but  there is alot not shown further down the list for me, 

You will soon find the servers that are worth using that should be able to go near the speeds you pay for which you can  🌟  (makes it a favourite)  and then you'll quickly see what servers are holding right back on the speeds. Some servers I've used on speedtest have given their max of 350 down where others have given me the 946 down I pay for. 

Try doing multiple(3x) speed tests on each server to find the average best on each server for you then you'll be able to do a average best on all the better servers and you will  see if your getting the speeds you are realistically expecting given other factors that can affect wifi signals. 

Please bare in mind some devices have certain link speeds via wifi. 

Fpr exalme My s22 ultra has a link speed on average of 2400 where as my daughters iphone 13 at best hits around 1300 on 5ghz. 

I can normally get full speeds on my phone(936 D / 110 up) via wifi but my daughters wifi speeds are slower even using the same server and being within a meter of the router and in the same spot. 

I used to have 2 C6 1200 routers that I used in AP mode and the best I could get out of them was 650-700mb at best on 5ghz. 

But if I connected to my main (AX72) and run same test I could easily get full speeds. 

I have since moved over to 3xAX72 just so i know i can get the full speeds im paying for and I get nearly full speeds where ever I go around my property whether  connected to my main or my 2x AP AX72 routers. 

If you log into your router GUI and click on clients and find the device it should give you some info like this 

as you can see it's showing my link speed to my device and this is what can affect your download/upload speeds when doing speed tests. 

I currently sitting about 10meters from the router and that link speed does fluctuate alot higher as it does show I'm getting about 3 out of 4 bars of signal according to the GUI Web page. 

This picture is my device less than a meter from my router 

Hopefully this can possibly help with your speed issue. 

Options
2024-05-16 22:52:39 - last edited 2024-05-17 10:53:26

@Basboi85 problem is not speedtest servers( I've tried different ones. Problem is with wifi only( by cable all good. By air no( as i see it right now ints with this router(and im not sure that next ine will be from tplink( 

Ps I tested all my devices in different networks and I know what they capable of) and this strange speed( firs i thought that it could be something with channel jamming but analizer didn't confirm it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 288

Replies: 4

Related Articles