Unable to Adopt AP in Omada Software Controller

Unable to Adopt AP in Omada Software Controller

14 Reply
Re:Unable to Adopt AP in Omada Software Controller
2024-05-21 15:00:49 - last edited 2024-05-21 15:05:28

MR.S wrote

@L2K 

moreover, it is strange that you have not tried to go into the access point and entered the control ip or name. it is the easiest thing to do when you are going to test in a lab.

@MR.S 

I have tried that but as I have mentioned above that process fails as the controller comes up with the error regarding the username or password being incorrect as (as per the guides everyone keeps posting) the controller tries logging in with admin/admin but to set the inform URL in the device you have to first set a new password and the password admin cannot be used/set.

Try it for yourself, that process does not work.

I cannot add these devices to the controller. The jar thing is nonsense, I'm not installing Java just to work around a problem with the basic premise of the Omada system. The inform URL is impossible to use because of the above limitation/error/oversight and the app will not find/discover the APs. These APs might be the best in the world but so far I haven't got as far as even configuring one so I can't do much other than raise an RMA and return the lot as not fit for purpose.

Options
2024-05-21 15:09:21

@L2K 

If it fails when you adopt, press retry, then enter your username and password.

Options
2024-05-21 15:21:01

@MR.S 

MR.S wrote

@L2K 

If it fails when you adopt, press retry, then enter your username and password.

Wow, cannot believe that the guides do not mention this and that TP-Link themselves haven't suggested this when I have said this is an issue several times over. What terrible UX where it just fails and then offers no suggestion that you need to try it again, contrary to common sense.

Options
2024-05-21 15:28:50

@L2K 

ok, congratulations on your first access point. but again, use option 138 when you can, otherwise it's Omada discovery utility. if you are going to work a lot with Omada, you probably have to install java :-)

Options