Eap 225 wall slow

Eap 225 wall slow

Eap 225 wall slow
Eap 225 wall slow
2024-05-18 15:51:07
Model: EAP225-Wall  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 Build 20191213 Rel. 55472(4555)

I have an EAP225 AP. I get around 30 Mbps download speed. It is connected to a Virgin Hub 3 from which I get 125 Mbps download speed.

I have looked through related posts and tried changing channels, band steering, etc but nothing seems to make any difference.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Eap 225 wall slow
2024-05-20 00:30:18 - last edited 2024-05-20 00:30:29

Hi @ianharrison 

Please try:

1. Creating a 5Ghz only SSID on the EAP225-wall, so you can test the 5Ghz wireless speed;

2. Link up a PC to the Ethernet port of the EAP225-wall, and run speed test on Ethernet connection. That will help you check the Ethernet connection speed that comes to your EAP. It will tell you it's the wireless connection issue, or actually on Ethernet connection part.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-05-20 08:08:14

@Fae 

Thank you for your reply.

I had previously set up a 5Ghz.

I have now connected a PC to the EAP225 via Ethernet. A speed test shows that I have around 90Mbps when wired.

Then I disconnected the Ethernet and sat right next to the EAP225 with the PC. 

I then check the wireless speed. Now around 35-40Mbps.

So it would appear to be the wireless that is the issue?

Options
2024-05-20 08:28:10

Hi  @ianharrison 

Sounds like wireless connection issue. If the client device is already on 5Ghz wifi, then you may need to check the link speed on this wireless device. 

For how to check the link speed of wireless clients, you can refer to

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Two end point devices negotiate the maximum link speed between them based on their individual ceiling speed and the link quality. While for 802.11 wireless, the nature of being prone to interferences combined with various overheads means that the actual transmitting speed is normally 40-60 percent of the associated speed.

Also you can try upgrade the EAP firmware, or test another access point in the same location.

ianharrison wrote

@Fae 

Thank you for your reply.

I had previously set up a 5Ghz.

I have now connected a PC to the EAP225 via Ethernet. A speed test shows that I have around 90Mbps when wired.

Then I disconnected the Ethernet and sat right next to the EAP225 with the PC. 

I then check the wireless speed. Now around 35-40Mbps.

So it would appear to be the wireless that is the issue?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-05-20 08:50:23

@Fae 

Hi,

I have just checked the link speed as you suggest and this is 87Mbps when connected to the AP.

Are you saying that I should expect 40-60% of this speed or I should expect around 87Mbps.

Options
2024-05-20 08:58:36 - last edited 2024-05-20 08:58:59

Hi  @ianharrison 

EAP225-wall supports 867 Mbps on 5Ghz. 

If you only get 87Mbps on wireless device, there could be 4 reasons:

1. The client device does not connected to 5Ghz actually;

2. The client device does not support good 5Ghz link speed;

3. The client device is too far away from the eap-wall. The recommend coverage of the EAP-wall is around 10 meters;

4. The EAP-wall antenna is broken. 

ianharrison wrote

I have an EAP225 AP. I get around 30 Mbps download speed. It is connected to a Virgin Hub 3 from which I get 125 Mbps download speed.

I have looked through related posts and tried changing channels, band steering, etc but nothing seems to make any difference.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Options
2024-05-20 09:24:49

@Fae 

See responses below..

All tests are done using the same laptop:

The laptop supports 802.11ac: which I thought supported 5Ghz?

If I connect to the router via wireless the speed is over 100Mbps.So I presume the laptop must have an ok 5Ghz link speed.

I connect to the AP (to the 5Ghz) and I am within 1 meter of it. Lucky to get more than 40Mbps.

This has always been a problem - from when initially installed. So unless the antenna was faulty when I first bought the AP. How could I tell if the antenna is faulty?

Anything else I can check?

Options
2024-05-20 23:33:10

Hi  @ianharrison 

Try some other devices and disable the 2.4Ghz on this AP. If still the same, go to check warranty service. 

ianharrison wrote

@Fae 

See responses below..

All tests are done using the same laptop:

The laptop supports 802.11ac: which I thought supported 5Ghz?

If I connect to the router via wireless the speed is over 100Mbps.So I presume the laptop must have an ok 5Ghz link speed.

I connect to the AP (to the 5Ghz) and I am within 1 meter of it. Lucky to get more than 40Mbps.

This has always been a problem - from when initially installed. So unless the antenna was faulty when I first bought the AP. How could I tell if the antenna is faulty?

Anything else I can check?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 153

Replies: 7

Related Articles