How do I actually install the firmware update for my TP-Link Omada V2.6 ER605 wired router?

How do I actually install the firmware update for my TP-Link Omada V2.6 ER605 wired router?

2024-05-19 04:23:29 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992
The firmware that is newest for my router (hardware version 2.6 per the label on the router) is ER605(UN)_V2.6_2.2.4 Build 20240119
I have downloaded it,  but have no idea how to install it.  
I am a home network user,   who cannot use wifi or cell phones due to severe headaches when I am near them for long periods of time.
I have not seen anything that makes sense to me as to how to actually install it on the router.   I can unzip it,  but then what?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:How do I actually install the firmware update for my TP-Link Omada V2.6 ER605 wired router?-Solution
2024-05-19 06:28:45 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@awaykent 

You'll find details of the procedure on page 237 of the user guide ( download from here https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/er605/v2/ )

Basically use the menu option :-  System Tools > Management > Firmware Upgrade , browse for the file you downloaded and then click Upgrade

HTH

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How do I actually install the firmware update for my TP-Link Omada V2.6 ER605 wired router?-Solution
2024-05-19 10:25:59 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi  @awaykent 

See the label we created for you. Existing materials may be helpful for your setup: How to Upgrade/Downgrade Omada Routers

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2024-05-19 06:28:45 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@awaykent 

You'll find details of the procedure on page 237 of the user guide ( download from here https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/er605/v2/ )

Basically use the menu option :-  System Tools > Management > Firmware Upgrade , browse for the file you downloaded and then click Upgrade

HTH

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-05-19 10:25:59 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi  @awaykent 

See the label we created for you. Existing materials may be helpful for your setup: How to Upgrade/Downgrade Omada Routers

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How do I actually install the firmware update for my TP-Link Omada V2.6 ER605 wired router?
2024-05-19 13:48:09

@MisterW 

Thank you very much.  I had previously gone to the only computer store in my area that carried wired routers (50 miles one way) and they at that time had no TP-Link routers in stock,  so I had to buy another more expensive brand.   A week later and despite all of my research,  I had only been able to get it working for 10 minutes before it stopped and then back to square one.   I found 5 year old videos of a similar model and their manuals were not written with a casual networker in mind. And I could not find ANY online help.   Mind you as a retired chemist I had built many computers and even did some simple networking in the past (mainly because we could not afford to simply buy computers from the vendors... those were often unupgradable and using proprietary operating system software that were later abandoned with no support decades before the analytical instrumentation that needed the computers became obsolete).

So I made a return 100 mile round trip after checking to make sure they actually had the wired tp-link routers in stock this time -- they usually carried them,  it is where I usually buy my components,  and exchanged the balky expensive unit for the cheaper and easier to install TP-Link unit.

System up and working in minutes,  but I wanted to make sure I had the latest firmware...  and I could not locate the upgrade procedure on the forums.  Without the forums I would have eventually found the information...  but my eyes tend to hurt worse when I am reading black text on a white computer screen background for long periods of time,  so it would have taken me several days of reading.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 129

Replies: 3

Related Articles