New hardware adoption issues.

2024-05-22 12:35:51
Model: EAP683 LR  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.13

I recently purchased a new switch and 3 683 lr aps.  The switch adopted to my raspbian omada controller (5.13)
no problem but the aps are another story.  The first ap i adopted went ok but then kept disconnecting and readopting
so i factory reset it and now it won't adopt at all.  I tried a second ap and it never shows up.  
I've tried resetting them multiple times and nothing works.  Should i purchase an official controller, return the aps,
or is there another method of adoption?

Options
8 Reply
Re:New hardware adoption issues.
2024-05-22 22:13:18

Should I try resetting them on a poe hub and try directly connecting to them.  Can you get to them from the Lan side?

Options
2024-05-23 02:22:26

Hi @sdyaris 

Could you try to reset the EAP and try to use it in standalone mode without the controller? You can test connecting to the default SSID and try to configure it via browser or Omada App. We may need to confirm that the EAP will be powered properly.

May I know the model number of your switch? Are you using the PoE switch to power on the EAP? And please help to confirm whether you have configured any VLAN settings on your controller.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-05-23 02:38:21

@Hank21 

I tried the stand alone mode and was able to get 1 ap working by manually entering the controller settings.  I have the 16 port 2.5 hig switch.  Still have one ap that doesn't work after resetting it and manually entering the controller settings.

Options
2024-05-23 03:40:17

Hi @sdyaris 

Can you tell me the model number of your switch? You can check the label on the switch to find the model number.

For the other EAP, could you try to reset it again and configure it in standalone mode? Will it broadcast the SSID and allow you to connect to it?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-05-23 11:08:20

@Hank21 

Sg3218xp-m2. I can't get connected to it tirelessly in standalone mode.

Options
2024-05-23 12:31:37
i factory reset it again and tried adopting through the cloud portal and keep getting an error message thats says ap doesn't respond to adopt commands.
Options
2024-05-24 03:19:17

sdyaris wrote

i factory reset it again and tried adopting through the cloud portal and keep getting an error message thats says ap doesn't respond to adopt commands.

Hi @sdyaris 

This error indicates a communication issue between the EAP (Omada device) and the Controller. Ensure that TCP/UDP ports 29810-29814 are open in any antivirus or firewall settings. You can test whether your host can PING the EAP or not.

If rather, do you have any Windows computer to install the software controller, and see whether it will be able to manage the EAP? Your firewall/antivirus might block the communication between the EAP and controller.

Options
2024-05-24 16:29:10
All the ports that needed to be open are opened otherwise the switch adoption wouldn't have worked.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 8

Related Articles